WALL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) today announced the appointment of Mark G. Kahrer of Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey as vice president of regulatory affairs effective May 8, 2017. In this role, Mr. Kahrer will oversee NJNG’s regulatory strategy.
“Mark Kahrer has been a leader in the utility industry for more than three decades, and we are pleased to have him join our team,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO of New Jersey Resources. “Under his leadership, I am confident we will continue to work productively with our regulators to meet our customers’ expectations for safe and reliable service.”
Before joining NJNG, Mr. Kahrer spent 34 years with Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G), most recently serving as senior director – business performance and improvement. In this role, he led the areas of performance management, lean sigma six, operations assurance and compliance and quantitative analytics for PSE&G and PSE&G Long Island. He also served as a member of PSE&G’s rate case team. Prior to that he held the positions of vice president of finance for PSE&G and PSE&G Power, assistant treasurer, director of corporate accounting, director of financial risk management, manager of corporate strategic planning and manager of federal affairs.
Mr. Kahrer received his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Saint Peter’s College and a Master of Business Administration degree in finance from Seton Hall University. He is a member of the New Jersey Utilities Association and a member of the executive committee of the Board of Trustees of Saint Peter’s University.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE:NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is composed of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,300 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of nearly 280 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its 50 percent equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P., as well as its 20 percent equity interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project.
- NJR Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.