LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DELL EMC WORLD LAS VEGAS -- Virtustream, the enterprise-class cloud company and a Dell Technologies business, today announced Virtustream® Enterprise Cloud Connector for VMware vRealize® Automation™. With the integration, customers using VMware infrastructure can extend mission-critical applications and workloads to Virtustream Enterprise Cloud.
As organizations increasingly turn to hybrid cloud infrastructure to maximize the efficiency and cost savings of their cloud environments, there is a growing need for a secure, compliant way to place workloads and application components outside of private clouds. With Virtustream Enterprise Cloud Connector, customers can run, protect and manage core business applications with VMware’s highly available, resilient cloud infrastructure and Virtustream Enterprise Cloud’s security, performance and availability designed for the enterprise.
“One of the top challenges among enterprises when embracing hybrid cloud is balancing agility and choice with governance, compliance, performance, security and cost, all while enabling efficiency and reliability of their cloud infrastructures,” said Kevin Reid, president and chief technology officer, Virtustream. “From vRealize Automation, customers can provision and manage workloads in VMware-based environments including Virtustream Enterprise Cloud. This reaffirms our leadership in supporting an enterprise’s most critical applications, no matter what their choice is for governance and control. We continue our realization of this vision with this release and beta program to rapidly iterate to that goal.”
Virtustream, a premier partner in the VMware vCloud® Air™ Network, offers on- and off-premises managed services for both Virtustream Enterprise Cloud and VMware infrastructure, including the planning, migration and management of the environment. Virtustream Managed Services save customers considerable time and resources on deployment. Additional benefits to customers include:
- Enterprise-class cloud IaaS: Virtustream offers 24/7 support and up to 99.999% availability for the infrastructure, ensuring that enterprise customers have consistent and reliable access to their most critical core business applications.
- Defense in-depth security: Designed for mission-critical business applications, Virtustream Enterprise Cloud supports multi-factor authentication, encryption, vulnerability scans and risk protection, and a full suite of managed security services so sensitive data can be migrated in a trusted, secure manner.
- Compliance: Enterprises can confidently adopt and use the technology for running applications and workloads in Virtustream Cloud. Depending upon enterprises’ regulatory needs, compliances achieved by Virtustream Enterprise Cloud include SSAE16, SOC2, FISMA, FedRAMP, PCI 3.0, HIPAA/HITECH, CSA STAR, NIST 800-53, and more.
“As organizations look to secure and extend their IT infrastructure into the cloud, our top priority is to make this effort as seamless as possible,” said Ajay Singh, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Management Business Unit, VMware. “Virtustream Enterprise Cloud Connector for VMware vRealize Automation provides enterprises a unified way to manage across a VMware private cloud, multiple public clouds and Virtustream Enterprise Cloud. Our collaboration with Virtustream empowers organizations to quickly realize the benefits of the hybrid cloud.”
To learn more about Virtustream Enterprise Cloud Connector for VMware vRealize Automation, click on the following links:
- Virtustream Enterprise Cloud
- Virtustream Federal Cloud
- Virtustream Storage Cloud
- Virtustream Managed Services
- VMware vRealize Automation
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
*Virtustream and xStream are trademarks of Virtustream, Inc. VMware, vRealize, vRealize Automation, vCloud, vCloud Air, and vCloud Air Network are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. Other trademarks used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.