DETROIT--(BUSINESS WIRE)--QAD Inc. (NASDAQ:QADA) (NASDAQ:QADB) a leading provider of enterprise software and services designed for global manufacturing companies, today welcomed customers and partners from around the world to the QAD Explore 2017 customer conference at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. QAD Explore 2017 begins today and concludes on Thursday, May 11, 2017.
Explore is QAD’s largest annual event and provides a venue where customers, partners, sponsors and QAD experts come together for a week of informative sessions, hands-on training, manufacturing industry-specific presentations and networking. The agenda includes sessions on key trends in manufacturing, strategic developments in QAD’s target industries and information on new and enhanced solutions. Over 800 attendees from 34 countries will hear from more than 60 speakers, including QAD executives, customers, partners and manufacturing industry experts. Many sessions provide APICS continuing education credits.
Notable presentations on the agenda include:
- The QAD Enterprise Platform with QAD President and Chairman Pam Lopker.
- Your Partner: Ready For Change with QAD CEO Karl Lopker.
- Exponential Technologies and Manufacturing with author, inventor and futurist Ray Kurzweil.
- Change and Risk Management with General Motors Executive Director, Strategic Risk Management, Angela Hoon.
- Machine Learning with DataRPM, a Progress Company, EVP Corporate and Business Development, Seth Page.
To celebrate its customers, QAD will debut seven new Customer Showcase videos at Explore 2017:
- ASYST Technologies is a plastic-injection molding company which engineers, manufactures and distributes headlight adjusters and lighting components for the automotive industry. This video focuses on how ASYST Technologies uses technology, specifically a high level of automation in their systems and processes, to ensure the quality of their products.
- Laerdal Medical is a world-leading provider of training, educational and therapy products for lifesaving and emergency medical care. This video highlights how Laerdal Medical is addressing a shift in the demands of their customers by moving to the QAD Cloud.
- RONDO Food is a contract manufacturer specializing in snack products for dogs and cats. Headquartered in Krefeld, Germany it markets its products in Europe, the U.S., Asia and Australia under the brand names of leading retailers and pet food providers. This video shows how Rondo Food focuses on technology to help them keep up with their customers’ high expectations.
- ANCA is a market leader in quality CNC grinding machines and CNC systems. This video focuses on ANCA’s use of technology to manage their complex supply chain including forecasting and inventory control.
- Freedom Foods is an Australia-based manufacturer of healthy foods. The company specializes in allergy-friendly products, such as gluten-free bars and nut-free cereals. This video shows how Freedom Foods is focusing on upgrading, its move to the cloud and its experience as a QAD Channel Islands early adopter to keep up with recent growth.
- Comvita is a global natural health company committed to the development of innovative products backed by ongoing investment in scientific research. It is the world leader in Manuka honey and fresh-picked Olive Leaf Extract, which are at the core of the Comvita product range. They pride themselves on providing a clear picture of the source of their products, from ‘hive to shelf.’ This video features Comvita’s commitment to providing transparency in the sourcing of its products to maintain the trust of its customers through data collection and integration.
- DS Smith Plastics is a leading global provider of corrugated & plastics packaging. This video highlights how DS Smith uses data to drive informed decision making and how the company is expanding into the use of smart technology.
“QAD Explore is the largest event of the year for QAD,” said Pam Lopker, QAD’s president and chairman. “It’s a week-long event that gives us our best chance to check in with customers, meet prospective customers, provide training on new functionality and continue to build relationships with the QAD community. Last year we had a record number of attendees at Explore Chicago and I am sure that this year’s event will provide the same high level of excitement.”
About QAD – The Effective Enterprise
QAD Inc. (NASDAQ:QADA) (NASDAQ:QADB) is a leading provider of enterprise software and services designed for global manufacturing companies. For more than 35 years, QAD has provided global manufacturing companies with QAD Enterprise Applications, an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that supports operational requirements, including financials, manufacturing, demand and supply chain planning, customer management, business intelligence and business process management. QAD Enterprise Applications is offered in flexible deployment models in the cloud, on-premise, or in a blended environment. With QAD, customers and partners in the automotive, consumer products, food and beverage, high technology, industrial products and life sciences industries can better align daily operations with their strategic goals to meet their vision of becoming more Effective Enterprises.
For more information about QAD, call +1 805-566-6000, visit www.qad.com.
“QAD” is a registered trademark of QAD Inc. All other products or company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Note to Investors: This press release contains certain forward-looking statements made under the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including, but not limited to, statements regarding projections of revenue, income and loss, capital expenditures, plans and objectives of management regarding the Company’s business, future economic performance or any of the assumptions underlying or relating to any of the foregoing. Forward-looking statements are based on the company’s current expectations. Words such as “expects,” “believes,” “anticipates,” “could,” “will likely result,” “estimates,” “intends,” “may,” “projects,” “should,” “would,” “might,” “plan” and variations of these words and similar expressions are intended to identify these forward-looking statements. A number of risks and uncertainties could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to: risks associated with our cloud service offerings, such as defects and disruptions in our services, our ability to properly manage our cloud service offerings, our reliance on third-party hosting and other service providers, and our exposure to liability and loss from security breaches; demand for the company's products, including cloud service, licenses, services and maintenance; pressure to make concessions on our pricing and changes in our pricing models; protection of our intellectual property; dependence on third-party suppliers and other third-party relationships, such as sales, services and marketing channels; changes in our revenue, earnings, operating expenses and margins; the reliability of our financial forecasts and estimates of the costs and benefits of transactions; the ability to leverage changes in technology; defects in our software products and services; third-party opinions about the company; competition in our industry; the ability to recruit and retain key personnel; delays in sales; timely and effective integration of newly acquired businesses; economic conditions in our vertical markets and worldwide; exchange rate fluctuations; and the global political environment. For a more detailed description of the risk factors associated with the company and factors that may affect our forward-looking statements, please refer to the company's latest Annual Report on Form 10-K and, in particular, the section entitled “Risk Factors” therein, and in other periodic reports the company files with the Securities and Exchange Commission thereafter. Management does not undertake to update these forward-looking statements except as required by law.