BRENTWOOD, Tenn. & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc., a U.S. top 10 healthcare strategic communications and engagement firm, has increased its staff to 31, welcoming eight new professionals to its team, officials announced today.
“Our accelerating growth presents a tremendous opportunity and an ongoing challenge for our firm as we continue to seek the best possible professionals to grow our company,” said David Jarrard, CEO of Jarrard Inc. “Hiring right is one of the most important goals we have as a firm, and we’re thrilled to welcome these new members to our team.”
Jarrard Inc.’s latest additions to its Nashville and Chicago operations include the following client consultants:
- Justin Gibbs has come on board as a senior executive advisor from his previous position as managing supervisor/public affairs the St. Louis headquarters of FleishmanHillard, a global public relations and marketing agency. A veteran public affairs and communications strategist, Gibbs spent a nearly a decade in politics — serving as a key staff member on Capitol Hill and managing political campaigns on the state and federal levels. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in political science from Southeast Missouri State University and a Masters of Communication in Journalism from American University in Washington D.C.
- Taylor Stanford has joined the firm’s Chicago office as a senior advisor, bringing her significant experience in crisis communications, government relations and healthcare messaging. Previously, she was a senior account supervisor with Res Publica in Chicago where she also managed strategic communications surrounding mergers and acquisitions – including several high-profile healthcare transactions in the Chicago market. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in journalism and mass communications from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Erin Beck has joined the firm as an associate after serving as a strategic communications intern at Jarrard Inc. Previously, she completed an internship with the Bradford Group in Nashville. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in strategic communications from West Virginia University.
- Mary Wessel also has joined the firm as an associate following a strategic communications internship at Jarrard Inc. Previously, she worked as a freelance marketing coordinator serving several of startup businesses in Indianapolis and as an account executive at Purdue University’s Boiler Communication. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in public relations and strategic communications from Purdue University.
In addition to the client-facing roles, Jarrard Inc. has also added to its core staff in Nashville to drive and to support scale as its growth continues.
- Jennifer Fuqua is the firm’s new growth manager. She brings more than 20 years of experience spearheading marketing, communications and business development programs for a wide array of businesses. Fuqua joined the firm from Meridian Surgical Partners where she had served as director of marketing and business development. She is an award-winning past president and longtime board member of the Nashville chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Advertising from Middle Tennessee State University.
- Walker Duncan has come on board as the firm’s content specialist. A former reporter, Duncan spent 10 years covering the city’s healthcare industry for publications including NashvillePost.com and BusinessTN. Before joining Jarrard Inc., he was a ghostwriter and independent content strategist providing services to PR and content marketing agencies across the country.
- Deidre Michon has joined the organization as an accounting assistant. Prior to joining the firm, she spent a number of years with Patterson Dental as a branch administrator and with Vanderbilt University Medical Center as an assistant to the transplant administrator.
- Autumn Grant is the firm’s new receptionist. Before joining Jarrard Inc., Grant spent four years as an office assistant with Walker’s Bluff, an award-winning winery in Carterville, IL. She earned her Associate’s degree from John A. Logan College in southern Illinois.
About Jarrard Inc.
With offices in Nashville, Tenn. and Chicago, Jarrard Phillips Cate & Hancock, Inc. is a U.S. top 10 strategic communications and engagement firm for the nation’s leading healthcare providers experiencing significant change, challenge or opportunity. Founded in 2006, the firm has worked with more than 300 clients in more than 40 states and served as a communications advisor on more than $35 billion in announced M&A and partnership transaction communications. A proven strategy leader, Jarrard Inc. delivers tightly focused issue management campaigns and long-term transformational initiatives designed to advance healthcare providers’ most important goals. As a member of The Advisory Board, the firm is also part of a collaborative effort to elevate performance and solve some of healthcare’s most pressing issues. For more information, visit jarrardinc.com or follow us @JarrardInc.