LEXINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quanterix Corporation, a company digitizing biomarker analysis to advance the science of precision health, today announced that Kevin Hrusovsky, CEO and Executive Chairman at Quanterix, will join a distinguished panel of industry experts to discuss the state and future of precision cardiovascular medicine at the World Medical Innovation Forum taking place May 1-3, 2017 at the Westin Copley Place in Boston, MA.
Hrusovsky, a serial entrepreneur and board member of companies commercializing technologies disrupting medicine and healthcare and the founder of the Boston-based Powering Precision Health Summit, brings an extensive background in the healthcare industry to the panel, which will also feature insights and commentary from leading minds at Amgen, Merck, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital.
“Quanterix’ mission has always been to improve the way healthcare is provided by empowering research. With our ultra-sensitive Simoa technology, scientists and medical professionals around the world are studying critical biomarkers more easily and accurately than was previously possible, which is enabling earlier diagnoses, more personalized approaches to treatment and, therefore, better outcomes for patients,” said Hrusovsky. “I’m honored to be among this exceptional group of industry innovators speaking on such an important and promising field of medicine.”
- Who: Kevin Hrusovsky, CEO and Executive Chairman, Quanterix
- What: “Precision Cardiovascular Medicine: What is Different This Time”
- Where: World Medical Innovation Forum, Boston Scientific Ballroom
- When: Tuesday, May 2nd, 2:00 – 2:50 pm ET
- Why: This session will explore how precision medicine is transforming the study and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Specifically, the 50-minute panel, which will take the form of a moderated, open dialogue among five industry experts, will discuss the impact of combined phenotypic and genotypic characterization on optimizing response to therapeutics, and how new discoveries and technologies are changing trial design, improving outcomes, and redefining reimbursement.
Developed in response to the rapidly changing healthcare industry, the World Medical Innovation Forum brings together more than 1,000 senior healthcare leaders from both industry and academia to share new ideas and tackle today’s most pressing problems with the goal of improving patient lives.
For more information about Quanterix and to register for the event, visit http://www.quanterix.com/resources/conferences/world-medical-innovation-forum.
Quanterix is a company that’s digitizing biomarker analysis to advance the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, is changing the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. In doing so, Quanterix enables much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for applications in a majority of therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is located in Lexington, Massachusetts.