DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of Jain PharmaBiotech's new report "Molecular Diagnostics - Technologies, Markets and Companies" to their offering.
This report describes and evaluates the molecular diagnostics technologies that will play an important role in practice of medicine, public health, pharmaceutical industry, forensics and biological warfare in the 21st century. This includes several polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based technologies, fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH), peptide nucleic acids (PNA), electrochemical detection of DNA, sequencing, mitochondrial DNA, biochips, nanotechnology and proteomic technologies.
Initial applications of molecular diagnostics were mostly for infections but are now increasing in the areas of genetic disorders, preimplantation screening and cancer. Genetic screening tests, despite some restrictions is a promising area for future expansion of in vitro diagnostic market. Molecular diagnostics is being combined with therapeutics and forms an important component of integrated healthcare. Molecular diagnostic technologies are also involved in development of personalized medicine based on pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics. Currently, there has been a considerable interest in developing rapid diagnostic methods for for point-of-care and biowarfare agents such as anthrax.
The number of companies involved in molecular diagnostics has increased remarkably during the past few years. More than 1,000 companies have been identified to be involved in developing molecular diagnostics and 343 of these are profiled in the report along with tabulation of 812 collaborations. Despite the strict regulation, most of the development in molecular diagnostics has taken place in the United States, which has the largest number of companies.
Benefits of this report
- This report has evolved during the past 22 years, profiting from feedback by numerous readers and experts.
- The most comprehensive and up-to-date one-stop source of information on technical and commercial aspects of molecular diagnostics.
- Includes profiles of 343 companies, the largest number in any report on this topic.
- 600 references, cited in the report are included in the bibliography.
- The text is supplemented by 101 tables and 15 figures.
Key Topics Covered:
Part I: Technologies & Applications
2. Molecular Diagnostic Technologies
3 DNA dendrimer signal amplification
3. Biochips, Biosensors, and Nanobiotechnology
4. Proteomic Technologies for Molecular Diagnostics
5. Molecular Diagnosis of Genetic Disorders
6. Molecular diagnosis of cardiovascular disorders
7. Molecular Diagnosis of Infections
8. Molecular Diagnosis of Cancer
9. Molecular Diagnostics in Biopharmaceutical Industry & Healthcare
10. Molecular Diagnostics in Forensic Medicine and Biological Warfare
Part II: Regulations, Markets & Companies
12. Ethics, Patents and Regulatory issues
13. Markets for Molecular Diagnostics
14. Companies involved in molecular diagnostics
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dxvdrb/molecular