With the autonomous vehicle industry racing from zero to warp speed, every aspect of the driving world is set for innovation and transformation. Automakers face the inevitable shift from today's brand loyalty into more functional and lifestyle models tomorrow, where consumers employ automobiles-as-a-service, thus, giving rise to alternative business opportunities within the automotive industry. Moreover, a competitive value and differentiation will evolve from driver-centric features and existing cabin designs to new and innovative spatial considerations and user experiences. Growing consumer preference for convenient technologies is likely to result in doubling the take rate of level 2 automated driving enabled vehicles in 2016.
In 2017 significant investments are likely by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in areas of artificial intelligence and cognitive cloud computing solutions that can enable them achieve level 4/5 autonomous driving in the next 5 years. Retrofitted automated driving solutions and AD deployment in shared mobility (taxi) platforms are expected to grow phenomenally. Perception improvement sensors such as mechanical LiDARs are expected to penetrate at a strong pace into autonomous test programs in 2017 as the progress of solid-state LiDAR diminishes.
A few key questions this study intends to answer are as below:
- What are the top trends that will drive the automated driving market in 2017? What impact will these trends have on the market?
- What are the key developments in the automated driving market to watch out for in 2017? What are the companies to watch in 2017?
- What was the size of the total automated driving market in 2016; how is it expected to grow in 2017 and by 2025?
- What is the impact of regulatory and macroeconomic trends on market growth?
- What are the opportunities available for automated driving vendors (OEMs, disruptors, suppliers, and startups) in 2017?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
3. Trends Shaping the Global Autonomous Vehicle Market in 2017
4. Autonomous Major Market and Technology Trends 2017
5. Key Market Trends
6. Key Technology Trends
7. Autonomous Vehicle Timeline and Major OEM Activities
8. Key Start-ups to Watch Out For
9. Regional Market Trends and Analysis 2016
10. Opportunity Analysis
11. Key Conclusions and Big Predictions for 2017
- Deep Neural Network
- Ford Motor Co.
- HERE WeGo
- NVIDIA Drive PX2
- Oryx Vision
- PolySync Technologies
- Super Computers
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vm5cgj/global_autonomous
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.