BOSTON & LONDON & HONG KONG--(BUSINESS WIRE)--State Street Corporation (NYSE:STT), the world’s leading provider of financial services to institutional investors, announced today that its global ETF assets under administration exceeded US $2 trillion as of January 31, 20171, and that State Street currently services 55% of the global industry’s exchange traded funds (ETF) and exchange trade products (ETP) assets under management.2 State Street was also the recipient of the best custody service provider award at this year’s Fund Action ETF Innovation Awards. Past winners of these awards have been responsible for ground breaking ideas, fund products and a level of service that have helped both investors and clients.
“Clients continue to bring their business to State Street because of our commitment to the exchange traded product structure, our ongoing investment in our proprietary, core platform and our scale,” said Frank Koudelka, senior vice president at State Street. “We continue to make tremendous investments in servicing the ETF structure, which in turn allows us to quickly and seamlessly support the launch of innovative products for our clients.”
Notable milestones for State Street’s ETF servicing business include:
- 2013: Launched the first international security structure ETF, enabling trading across Europe with centralized settlement via Euroclear
- 2014: Launched the first actively-managed ETF to include trade date derivatives in basket
- 2014: Developed cash in lieu (CIL) trading service, enabling ETF sponsors to outsource trade execution for any CIL securities to State Street’s agency-only broker
- 2015: Enhanced ETF Global Platform to calculate creation and redemption variable fees in tiers to meet the requirements of NextShares products
- 2016: Developed partnership with Bloomberg and enhanced technology automating fixed income creation / redemption process
- 2016: Named administrator, fund accountant and transfer agent for the Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF COIN
About State Street Corporation
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $29.83 trillion in assets under custody and administration and over $2 trillion* in assets under management as of March 31, 2017, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 34,817 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
* Assets under management were $2.56 trillion as of March 31, 2017. AUM reflects approximately $33.30 billion (as of March 31, 2017) with respect to which State Street Global Markets, LLC (SSGM) serves as marketing agent; SSGM and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
State Street Corporation One Lincoln Street, Boston, MA 02111-2900.
© 2017 State Street Corporation - All Rights Reserved
1 State Street Global Services Worldwide ETF Servicing Report
2 ETFGI Global ETF and ETP January 2017 report