--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Los Angeles Business Council:
|As California continues to lead the nation in combatting climate change, an expected 450 local business, government and non-profit leaders will gather at the 11th Annual Sustainability Summit to explore how investment in sustainability generates new jobs, spurs innovation, and boosts the economy.|
- A letter from LABC members to Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt will be made public with an urgent plea to stop the rollback of environmental regulations, specifically the Energy Star Program, a $60 million program which accounts for $30 billion in energy savings.
- Plans will also be shared for the first net-zero greenhouse gas master-planned community in the U.S. developed by FivePoint.
- A new Utility Sector Workforce Development Report will be released that examines looming instability in the utility sector’s employment model caused by the rising share of workers who are retirement eligible along with the increasing deployment of smart technology that will change, if not eliminate, traditional entry level jobs.
|The Honorable Xavier Becerra, California Attorney General|
|The Honorable Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles|
|The Honorable Kevin de León, Senate President pro Tempore, California State Senate|
Matt Arnold, Managing Director and Global Head of Sustainable Finance, JPMorgan Chase & Co
Friday, April 28, 2017, 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- 8:15 a.m. – Keynote, Xavier Becerra, California Attorney General
- 8:35 a.m. – Sustainability Keynote, Net Zero Newhall
- 8:45 a.m. – The Path to Net-Zero & Water Independent Buildings, featuring Michael Northrop, Rockefeller Brother’s Fund; Andrew McAllister, California Energy Commission
- 9:50 a.m. – Keynote, Kevin de León, Senate President pro Tempore, California State Senate
- 10:25 a.m. – California’s Plan on Climate Change & Clean Energy, featuring Michael Picker, President, California Public Utilities Commission
- 12:10 p.m. – Featured Keynote, Mayor Eric Garcetti
- 12:35 p.m. – Business Keynote, Matt Arnold, Managing Director and Global Head of Sustainable Finance, JPMorgan Chase & Co
- 12:55 p.m. – Sustainable Business Practices Panel, featuring Joby Carlson, Global Director of Sustainable Energy and Operations, Walmart
|The Getty – Harold M. Williams Auditorium|
|1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90049|
Please RSVP to Katie Sinclair (310-974-6680 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange individual interviews and parking.