The USA had the highest GDP in the world worth about $18 trillion accounting for 24% in $73 trillion global GDP. The USA is the third most populated country with a population of 320 million that accounts for 4% of the global population. About 15% of the USA's population were senior citizens (above 65 years old) and the average life expectancy rate was 79 years. Total expenditure on health as % of GDP in 2014 is 17.1.
The top three segments in the healthcare market as of 2016 were hospitals and outpatient care centers, physicians and other healthcare practitioners and home healthcare and residential nursing care services.
The term healthcare refers to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease or illness, and other physical and mental impairments in humans and animals. The healthcare market provides products and services to treat patients with curative, preventive, rehabilitative or palliative care.
- Markets covered: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, Medical Equipment
- Companies mentioned: McKesson, UnitedHealth Group, CVS Health, AmerisourceBergen, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Cardinal Health, Express Scripts Holdings, Anthem, Johnson & Johnson, Aetna and Others.
- Countries: USA
- Regions: Americas
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
- Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vzqntp/us_healthcare