CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bank of America Corporation today announced preliminary results of matters voted upon during the company’s 2017 annual meeting of stockholders. Stockholders:
- Elected the 14 board of director nominees (preliminary percentages below).
- Approved the “Say on Pay” executive compensation resolution with approximately 96 percent of the vote cast in favor.
- Approved the “Say on Frequency” resolution with approximately 89 percent of the vote cast in favor of annual future advisory votes on executive compensation.
- Ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company’s independent registered public accounting firm for 2017 with approximately 99 percent of the votes cast in favor.
Further, stockholders did not approve any of the stockholder proposals, with:
- Approximately 6 percent of the vote cast in favor of a proposal that the board amend the company’s general clawback policy.
- Approximately 3 percent of the vote cast in favor of a proposal that the board analyze divestiture of non-core assets.
- Approximately 33 percent of the vote cast in favor of the proposal that the board amend governing documents to require the chair, whenever possible, to be an independent member of the board.
- Approximately 15 percent of the vote cast in favor of a proposal that the board prepare a gender pay gap report.
The approximate percentage of votes cast in favor of each director:
- Sharon L. Allen: 99 percent
- Susan S. Bies: 99 percent
- Jack O. Bovender, Jr.: 98 percent
- Frank P. Bramble, Sr.: 99 percent
- Pierre J.P. de Weck: 99 percent
- Arnold W. Donald: 90 percent
- Linda P. Hudson: 99 percent
- Monica C. Lozano: 99 percent
- Thomas J. May: 97 percent
- Brian T. Moynihan: 97 percent
- Lionel L. Nowell, III: 99 percent
- Michael D. White: 99 percent
- Thomas D. Woods: 99 percent
- R. David Yost: 99 percent
Results are considered preliminary, with final figures reported on a Form 8-K to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 47 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 4,600 retail financial centers, approximately 15,900 ATMs, and award-winning digital banking with approximately 35 million active users and more than 22 million mobile users. Bank of America is a global leader in wealth management, corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and more than 35 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.