DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Electric Locomotive Engines Market 2017-2021" report to their offering.
The global electric locomotive engines market to grow at a CAGR of 3.65% during the period 2017-2021.
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global electric locomotive engines market for 2017-2021. To calculate the market size, the report presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
Increasing number of passengers and freight volumes drive the electric locomotive engines market in various regions. Rising concerns regarding pollution and declining air quality have pushed government bodies and private stakeholders to upgrade from diesel-electric locomotives to energy-efficient and non-polluting electric locomotives. In terms of speed and reliability, electric locomotives are more efficient than their diesel-electric counterparts.
One trend in market is emergence of dual-mode locomotive trains. Annually, about $3 billion worth fuel is used in India for powering the diesel locomotives of the country. The Indian government plans to electrify about 22,000 miles of rails and introduce electric engine locomotives to reduce the dependence on diesel engines. Since the Indian Railways has a limited borrowing capacity, raising funds for building infrastructure for rail electrification will be difficult.
- Stringent emission standards for diesel locomotive engines
- Increasing preference for non-polluting and energy-efficient transport
- Increasing government expenditure on developing rail systems for public transport
- Augmented cost of rail electrification and freight volumes
- Heavy dependence on road for freight movement
- Rising preference for road transport for passenger mobility
- Emergence of dual-mode locomotive trains
- Use of autonomous locomotive engines for long-distance transport
- Emergence of hydrogen-powered locomotive engines
- China CNR
Other prominent vendors
- MITSUI & Co., Ltd (MITSUI)
- KODA AUTO
Key Topics Covered:
Part 01: Executive summary
Part 02: Scope of the report
Part 03: Research Methodology
Part 04: Introduction
Part 05: Market landscape
Part 06: Market segmentation by application
Part 07: Geographical segmentation
Part 08: Key leading countries
Part 09: Market drivers
Part 10: Impact of drivers
Part 11: Market challenges
Part 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
Part 13: Market trends
Part 14: Vendor landscape
Part 15: Key vendor analysis
Part 16: Appendix
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jk9gq3/global_electric