SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Williams Sonoma, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE:WSM) portfolio of brands, is kicking off a four-month long, nationwide cooking tour today to celebrate the launch of Hestan NanoBond™ Cookware. The 2017 #titaniumtour is a 10-city tour beginning in New York City, traveling across the United States, with its final stop in San Francisco. Each city along the way will feature an exclusive cooking demonstration from a local chef using cookware that showcases the new Hestan ultra-durable NanoBond technology. All proceeds from the tour will benefit No Kid Hungry, a campaign ending childhood hunger in America by connecting children and families in need with meals and cooking education.
NanoBond marks a true innovation for stainless steel cookware. The patented, multilayer structure of titanium-based alloys bonds directly to stainless steel through an environmentally friendly and chemical-free process, creating thousands of superdense nano layers on the cookware surface. The cookware is exceedingly resistant to scratches, staining and salt pitting, and is proved four times more durable than traditional stainless steel, maintaining beauty and performance for a lifetime. The same NanoBond pan will be used by each chef during the 10-city journey as a true test of its durability.
“As the official launch partner for Hestan NanoBond we’re excited to host the Titanium tour in 10 cities across the nation, offering exclusive culinary experiences with top chefs in our stores,” said Janet Hayes, President of Williams Sonoma. “NanoBond exceeded our expectations and we can’t wait for customers around the country to witness its unparalleled performance and durability firsthand.”
The exciting live demonstrations and tastings will feature top chefs from each region, taking place at Williams Sonoma store locations. Williams Sonoma and Hestan are honored to present these chefs taking part in the tour including:
- James Beard Award Winning Chef Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern, New York, NY
- Chef Matt Jennings of Townsman, Natick, MA
- Chef Brad Spence of Vetri, Prussia, PA
- Chef Hugh Acheson of Empire State South, Atlanta, GA
- Chef Matt Bolus of The 404 Kitchen, Nashville, TN
- Chef Jorge Guzman of Surly Brewing Co./Brewer’s Table, Edina, MN
- Chef Chris Shepherd of Underbelly, Houston, TX
- James Beard Award Winning Chef Renee Erickson, Bellevue, WA
- Chef Kris Yenbamroong of NIGHT + MARKET, Beverly Hills, CA
- Chef Thomas McNaughton of Ne Timeas Restaurant Group, San Francisco, CA
The $15 per person entry price includes a cooking demonstration and tasting of the chef’s prepared recipe with proceeds benefitting No Kid Hungry. For more information regarding the 2017 #titaniumtour and event tickets see below.
- Wednesday, April 26 from 6:30-8pm, New York, NY, Chef Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern at Williams Sonoma Columbus Circle: https://wscolumbuscircle-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, May 11 from 6:30-8pm, Natick, MA, Chef Matt Jennings of Townsman at Williams Sonoma Natick: https://wsnatick-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, May 25 from 6:30-8pm, Prussia, PA, Chef Brad Spence of Vetri at Williams Sonoma King of Prussia: https://wskop-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Monday, June 5 from 6:30-8pm, Atlanta, GA, Chef Hugh Acheson at Williams Sonoma Ponce City Market: https://wsponce-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, June 15 from 6:30-8pm, Nashville, TN, Chef Matt Bolus of The 404 Kitchen at Williams Sonoma Green Hills Mall: https://wsgreenhills-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, June 29 from 6:30-8pm, Edina, MN, Chef Jorge Guzman of Surly Brewing at Williams Sonoma Edina: https://wsedina-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, July 13 from 6:30-8pm, Houston, TX, Chef Chris Shepherd of Underbelly at Williams Sonoma Highland Village: https://wshighlandvillage-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, July 27 from 6:30-8pm, Bellevue, WA, James Beard Award Winning Chef Renee Erickson at Williams Sonoma Bellevue Square: https://wsbellevue-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, August 17 from 6:30-8pm, Beverly Hills, CA, Chef Kris Yenbamroong of NIGHT + MARKET at Williams Sonoma Beverly Hills: https://wsbeverlyhills-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
- Wednesday, August 23 from 6:30-8pm, San Francisco, CA, Chef Thomas McNaughton of Ne Timeas Restaurant Group at Williams Sonoma Post Street: https://wsunionsquare-titaniumtour.eventbrite.com
To learn more about the tour visit: https://williams-sonoma.com/titaniumtour
ABOUT WILLIAMS SONOMA
Since its founding by Chuck Williams in 1956, the Williams Sonoma brand has been bringing people together around food. A member of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM) portfolio of brands, Williams Sonoma is a leading specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home, providing world-class service and an engaging customer experience. Products include cookware, cooks’ tools, cutlery, electrics, bakeware, food, tabletop and bar, outdoor, cookbooks, as well as furniture, lighting and decorative accessories. Each store offers cooking classes and tastings conducted by expert culinary staff. A comprehensive gift registry program for weddings and other special events is available in stores and online. On williams-sonoma.com and the Williams-Sonoma blog, Taste, customers can find recipes, tips, and techniques that help them create delicious meals and wonderful memories. Williams-Sonoma is also part of an active community on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube.
Based in Napa Valley, California, Hestan was founded by cookware icon Stanley Cheng, CEO Meyer Corporation. Hestan is a culinary brand made up of innovative chefs, vintners and engineers who are reinventing the way we cook. From the molecular structure of cookware to the technique of cooking itself, Hestan is forging new culinary ground with thoughtful design and ceaseless passion. Hestan is shaking up the category by establishing a brand that is forward thinking and brings true vision through investing in developing innovative technologies and kitchen products. Hestan is made up of six distinct sub-brands: Hestan Vineyards, Hestan Commercial, Hestan Outdoor, Hestan Residential, Hestan Culinary and Hestan Smart Cooking. For more information, visit Hestan.com.
ABOUT NO KID HUNGRY
No child should go hungry in America, but 1 in 6 kids will face hunger this year. Using proven, practical solutions, No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger today by ensuring that kids start the day with a nutritious breakfast and families learn the skills they need to shop and cook on a budget. When we all work together, we can make sure kids get the healthy food they need. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of national anti-hunger organization Share Our Strength. Join us at NoKidHungry.org.