DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "3D Printing Systems in Healthcare - Forecast to 2020" report to their offering.
Internal anatomy varies by shape and size based on factors such as gender, age, ethnicity, and body type. However, due to economies of scale, most implant manufacturers produce a range of standard sizes and assume that these implants will address the broadest range of patients' needs. This few-sizes-fit-all philosophy can result in mismatched sizes - leading to complications such as post-operative pain, implant failure, and infection. With the advent of 3D printing, an implant can be tailor-made to the exact shape required by an individual - ensuring a greater degree of fit and function.
The key market drivers of 3D printing in healthcare include the growing demand for patient-specific products in orthopedics, dental, and maxillofacial surgery; enhanced productivity leading to reduced waiting periods for devices; and diminishing cost barriers associated with traditional product manufacturing.
Key Questions Addressed in this Study:
- What are the benefits and the applications of 3D printing in healthcare?
- What are the projections of the 3D printing market in the healthcare industry?
- What are the current trends related to smartphone usage in the healthcare industry?
- What is the current status of the regulatory framework? What are the other challenges to adoption?
- Which are the most attractive 3D printing healthcare markets for investment?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Key Questions Addressed in this Study
- Big Themes in 3D Printing
2. Introduction to 3D Printing
- What is 3D Printing?
- Evolution of 3D Printing in Healthcare
- 3D Printing - Technologies
- 3D Printing - Raw Materials
- Additive Manufacturing Design Cycle
3. Benefits of 3D Printing in Healthcare
4. 3D Printing Applications in Healthcare
- Primary Applications for Additive Manufacturing Technology
- Current Applications
- Promising Applications
5. Market Size and Growth Trends
- Global 3D Printing Market Size and Forecast
- 3D Printing Healthcare Percent Revenue Breakdown by Application
- Revenue Breakdown by Country
- Revenue Breakdown by Business Segment
- 3D Printing Healthcare - Market Revenue Forecast
6. Competitive Landscape
- Leading Companies by Revenue
- Leading Companies by Technology and Application
- Process/Material Matrix
- Technology/Material Matrix
- Select Company Profiles
- Companies to Watch
7. Product Timeline and Barriers to Adoption
- 3D Printing Product Timeline
- Barriers to Adoption
8. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
9. Regulatory Framework (FDA) and Challenges
- Regulatory Framework in the United States
- Regulatory Framework - FDA-approved Products
- Regulatory Framework Challenges
10. Cybersecurity and Intellectual Property Challenges
- Cybersecurity - Challenges and Strategic Considerations
- Intellectual Property Challenges
- Intellectual Property Strategic Considerations
11. 3D Printing Business Models
- Emerging Business Models and Use Cases
12. Case Study
- Case Study - Digital Dentistry: Invasalign
- Case Study - Orthopaedic Implant: Smith & Nephew
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lvk9xr/3d_printing.