DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Surgical Sutures Market by Product, Suture, Application, End User - Global Forecast to 2021" report to their offering.
The surgical sutures market is projected to reach USD 4.40 billion by 2021 from USD 3.46 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period
The market for surgical sutures is expanding due to the increasing number of surgical procedures, favorable reimbursement scenario for a number of surgical procedures, and the launch of advanced sutures. On the other hand, increasing preference for minimally invasive surgical procedures and the presence of alternative wound care management products are limiting the growth of the market to a certain extent.
Based on application, the surgical sutures market is segmented into cardiovascular surgeries, gynecological surgeries, orthopedic surgeries, ophthalmic surgeries, general surgeries, and other surgeries. The cardiovascular surgeries segment is expected to attain the highest CAGR during 2016 to 2021. Growth in this segment is attributed to the rising geriatric population, growing obesity rates, rising prevalence of hypertension, and availability of advanced products.
Asia is projected to be the fastest-growing region in the surgical sutures market during the forecast period. High growth in this region can be attributed to factors such as a large population base, increasing number of surgical procedures, growing medical tourism industry, increasing per capita income levels (and consequent increase in purchasing power), growing healthcare awareness, rising number of private sector hospitals, and development of primary healthcare infrastructure.
- Increasing Number of Surgical Procedures
- Launch of Advanced Sutures
- Favorable Reimbursement Scenario
- Increasing Preference for Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Presence of Alternative Wound Care Management Products
- Growing Popularity of Cosmetic Surgeries
- Increasing Healthcare Demand in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
- Pricing Pressure on Major Players
- Apollo Endosurgery Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Demetech Corporation
- Endoevolution Llc
- Ethicon Inc. (A Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson)
- Internacional Farmacéutica S.A. De C.V.
- Medtronic PLC
- Mellon Medical B.V.
- Péters Surgical.
- Smith & Nephew
- Surgical Specialties Corporation
- Sutures India Pvt Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vxvs7w/surgical_sutures