DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Aquafeed Market by End User, Ingredient, Additive, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The global aquafeed market is projected to reach a value of USD 172.56 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2017 to 2022.
The market is driven by factors such as limited availability of marine feed resources and the increasing global demand for quality fish. Moreover, the demand for aquaculture is increasing in export markets, which influences the supply of improved aquafeed for aquatic animal production. However, factors such as rising prices of ingredients used in aquafeed and environmental factors are restraining the growth of the aquafeed market.
On the basis of end user, the fish segment dominated the aquafeed market in 2016. Fish farming is increasingly used to fill the gap between the demand and supply. The increase in fish farming activities and aquaculture has led to an increased demand for fish feed.
On the basis of additives, amino acids were most widely consumed feed additives of aquafeed that provide the required nutrients to overcome dietary deficiencies in aquatic animals.
Asia-Pacific led the aquafeed market with the largest market share in 2016. The Asia-Pacific market experiences the maximum consumption of aquafeed due to factors such as the rapid development of aquaculture in the country, expanding middle-class population, and the rising consumption of fish & shrimps.
- Growing Seafood Trade
- Growing Aquaculture Industry
- Increasing Fish Farming Trend
- Price Volatility of Raw Materials
- Increasing Government Initiatives to Support Aquaculture
- Harmful Impact on the Environment
- Food Safety Concerns
- Addcon Gmbh (Germany)
- Aller Aqua A/S (Denmark)
- Alltech (U.S.)
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.)
- Avanti Feeds Limited (India)
- Beneo (Germany)
- Biomar (Denmark)
- Biomin Holding Gmbh (Austria)
- Biostadt India Ltd (India)
- Cargill (U.S.)
- Cermaq Group as (Norway)
- De Heus Animal Nutrition (Brazil)
- Dibaq A.S. (Spain)
- Evonik Industries AG (Germany)
- Ewos (Germany)
- Invivo Nsa (France)
- Koninklijke Dsm N.V. (Netherlands)
- Marvesa (Netherlands)
- Mekong Aquafeed Co. Ltd. (Vietnam)
- Nk Ingredients Pte Ltd. (Singapore)
- Norel Animal Nutrition (Spain)
- Nutreco N.V. (Netherlands)
- Nutriad (Belgium)
- Purina Animal Nutrition (U.S.)
- Ridley Corporation Ltd (Australia)
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vlhxv6/aquafeed_market