DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "US Market Report for External Fixation 2017 - MedCore" report to their offering.
Installation of external fixators requires general anesthesia and is usually performed in an operating room. Because the pins pierce through the skin, constant cleaning of the wound is necessary. Removal of the external device can be performed during an office visit without anesthesia.
The U.S. market for external fixation devices is defined as modular, monolateral/bilateral, hybrid and ring fixators used in wrist, hand and fingers, forearm, upper arm and elbow, shoulder, hip, upper leg, knee, lower leg, ankle and foot and toe fractures.
The extreme growth of the shoulder girdle external fixation market is attributable to a paradigm shift in shoulder fracture treatment. Typically in the past, surgeons treated shoulder fractures passively. For a two-part fracture, shoulder slings were the primary option. However, surgeons are progressively discovering now that, while it is not necessary to perform an open surgery followed by plating for a shoulder fracture, it is certainly advantageous for patients to apply external fixation. For this reason, the demand for shoulder girdle external fixation devices is expected to rise sharply, for an impressive market growth rate over the forecast period.
- DePuy Synthes
- Zimmer Biomet
- Smith & Nephew
- Wright Medical
- DJO Global
- Integra LifeSciences
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Scope
- 9-Step Methodology
- Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection
- Step 2: Prepare Data Systems And Perform Secondary Research
- Step 3: Preparation For Interviews & Questionnaire Design
- Step 4: Performing Primary Research
- Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates
- Step 6: Market Forecast And Analysis
- Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities
- Step 8: Final Review And Market Release
- Step 9: Customer Feedback And Market Monitoring
2. External Fixation Market
- Market Overview
- Market Analysis And Forecast
- Drivers And Limiters
Competitive Market Share Analysis
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2tjmf2/us_market_report