A general overview of blockchain technology and its relevance to business in 2017 has been provided. A landscape of the startups is displayed and broken down into application areas. Several verticals are highlighted which are emerging as the next big opportunities after financial services. An analysis by geographical location reveals several hotspots; country-based case studies have also been analysed.
Blockchain and distributed ledger technology are disrupting multiple vertical industries with their innovative applications and new capabilities. As well as reducing costs, blockchain technology enables new revenue streams through new tools for industry data sharing and digital identity.
Challenges for incumbents are myriad as they find new startup competitors emerging from the left field with distinctly new offerings. Startups face an uphill struggle in navigating regulated industries and surviving to achieve a product-market fit. The greatest opportunities for blockchain technology are in financial services, energy, healthcare, global supply chains, and manufacturing sectors.
The possibilities within these verticals are complex and may seem endless, but we have identified a number of ways to navigate the landscape and the most promising vertical industry applications. Consortia and partnership models are the emergent dynamic between corporates and startups, and these strategy choices will define the route of blockchain technology's progress in the years to come.
Key Questions this Study Will Answer:
- What are the industry and application development areas for blockchain startups?
- What are the geographical trends for blockchain startups?
- What are the trends, geographies, and industries in blockchain corporate activity?
- How has blockchain startup funding developed over time?
- What are the best ways for corporates to strategise and explore blockchain activity?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Foundations - Blockchain
3. Blockchain Startups
4. Blockchain Corporate Activity
5. Key Takeaways
6. Research Partner-Outlier Ventures
7. Appendix-Key Blockchain Platforms
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jkxwpw/global_blockchain