PLEASANTON, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today introduced a new feature set for O365 Manager Plus that turns it into a one-stop solution for managing, auditing and reporting Office 365 services. Available immediately, O365 Manager Plus now enables IT administrators to manage mailboxes, users, groups and licenses in Office 365 as well as track the who, what, when and where of user and admin activities without having to rely on complex PowerShell scripts. With these powerful new capabilities, IT administrators can establish and efficiently manage a secure and compliant Office 365 environment.
Click to tweet this news.
Many enterprises are moving from on-premises Microsoft applications to Office 365 in hopes of reducing operating and administrative costs. However, the Office 365 admin center lacks several key management, reporting and auditing features. For example, settings such as mailbox conversions, litigation hold changes, message size restrictions, etc., can only be configured for one mailbox at a time. Moreover, retrieving data for compliance and auditing purposes using native Office 365 auditing not only requires tedious work but also doesn’t include the activities that were performed outside the previous 90 days.
“With O365 Manager Plus, administrators no longer have to spend a lot of time managing mailboxes, users, groups and licenses,” said Parthiban Paramasivam, product manager at ManageEngine. “All the critical details, such as what was changed, who made the change and where the change occurred, are captured in detailed audit reports and can even be sent out as email alerts to ensure Office 365 security.”
Simplified Office 365 Management
With O365 Manager Plus, administrators can manage mailboxes, users, groups and licenses in bulk instead of having to modify them individually. In addition to the reporting capabilities previously available in O365 Manager Plus, the latest version supports management of:
- Mailbox security settings: Enable or disable mailbox audit settings and litigation hold changes; add or remove mailbox permissions.
- Mailbox attribute changes: Enable or disable mailbox attributes, including Clutter, archive, MailTips, mailbox features such as OWA, IMAP, MAPI, POP3, etc., and email forwarding settings; configure message size restrictions and mailbox auto-reply settings.
- Public and shared mailboxes: Convert user mailboxes into shared mailboxes; enable, disable or delete public folders.
- Users, groups and contacts: Reset passwords, block or unblock users, delete or restore users, change contact attributes and configure who groups can receive emails from.
- Licenses: Apply, remove or modify licenses for a single user or a group of users.
Enhanced Auditing for Office 365
O365 Manager Plus audits over 700 types of events to give you valuable insight into admin and user actions in Office 365. It provides predefined audit reports which can be customized using filters and easily distributed to stakeholders through email. Audit data can be retained as long as needed, unlike the 90-day storage restriction in Office 365. The latest version of O365 Manager Plus supports auditing of:
- Exchange Online user activities: Helps audit non-owner mailbox access, send as activities by non-owners, mailbox login activities and more.
- Exchange Online admin activities: Provides details on created and deleted mailboxes as well as changes to mailbox size, permissions, delegations, quotas and more.
- Azure AD admin activities: Provides details on who did what action and when, including the result of the action.
- OneDrive for Business file and folder activities: Helps track who created, accessed, modified or deleted what files and when.
- Skype for Business user activities: Provides details on P2P sessions, conferences, PSTN usage, last logon and last activity for each user.
Office 365 Alerting
O365 Manager Plus offers Office 365 alerting to make sure that no user’s action goes unnoticed. With email alerts, administrators can quickly respond whenever a critical activity takes place.
Pricing and Availability
O365 Manager Plus pricing starts at $295. A free, fully functional, 30-day trial version is available at https://www.manageengine.com/office365-management-reporting/download.html.
About Office365 Manager Plus
ManageEngine O365 Manager Plus is a web-based, one-stop solution for Office 365 management, auditing and reporting that helps simplify management, ensure security and compliance, and gain valuable insights on all the different components of Office 365. It eliminates the need for writing complex PowerShell scripts and reduces costs associated with administering Office 365. For more information on O365 Manager Plus, please visit https://www.manageengine.com/office365-management-reporting/.
ManageEngine is bringing IT together for IT teams that need to deliver real-time services and support. Worldwide, established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on our real-time IT management tools to ensure tight business-IT alignment and optimal performance of their IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corporation with offices worldwide, including the United States, India, Singapore, Japan and China. For more information, please visit http://buzz.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter @ManageEngine.
ManageEngine is a trademark of Zoho Corporation. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: ManageEngine, real-time IT, Zoho, O365 Manager Plus, Office 365, audit, reporting, security, compliance, PowerShell, IT management