DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "APAC Molecular Diagnostics Market, Forecast to 2021" report to their offering.
The total MDx industry has been segmented into 4 major areas: infectious diseases, oncology, genetic disorders, and pharmacogenomics. The APAC MDx market was worth $1.72 Billion in 2016 and is expected to reach $2.86 Billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 10.7%. Infectious disease represents the highest market share of 72.0%, followed by oncology (14.3%), genetic disorders (10.0%) and pharmacogenomics (3.7%).
Cancer incidence has gone up significantly in Asia. Under genetic disorders, non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) has great potential with excellent opportunities for future growth. On the technology front, conventional PCR technology is being upgraded with multiplexing capabilities and introduction of automated solutions to cater to high volumes. NGS solutions are gradually making inroads into Asia, especially in developed markets like Singapore, Japan, and South Korea.
This study highlights the growing prominence of MDx industry in Asia, regional trends, growth opportunities, competitive dynamics, and a regional chapter for each of the 11 countries covered in this study.
Area of opportunity in MDx market in the APAC:
- The MDx market in the APAC is evolving with increasing access to established NATs in emerging countries as a result of revamped healthcare practices across the region.
- Oncology care has taken a new dimension in APAC, with the simultaneous rise in prevalence and demand for innovative drugs beyond conventional chemotherapy drugs.
- CDx based oncology drugs are on the rise in the region, with studies targeted for Asian population to demonstrate value. For example, Ono Pharmaceutical's research on identifying a CDx for Opdivo, introduced in 2014 to stratify patient population.
- Novel genomic tools and technologies are foraying into the APAC to harness the future growth opportunities in the dynamic healthcare ecosystem.
Key questions this study will answer:
- What is the impact of MDx on the IVD industry, given the present healthcare scenario in the APAC?
- Who are the key industry participants in this highly fragment market?
- What are multiple factors impending the growth of MDx in the APAC?
- What are the service delivery models adapted by stakeholders across this region?
- What are the market access strategies for MDx companies aspiring to enter the APAC?
- What is the future of the molecular diagnostics market in the APAC?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Competitive Playbook
4. Drivers and Restraints - Total Molecular Diagnostics Market
5. Forecast and Trends - Total Molecular Diagnostics Market
6. Competitive Environment
7. Growth Opportunities
8. Technology Segments - An Overview
9. Clinical Application Segment Analysis - Infectious Disease Segment
10. Oncology Segment
11. Genetic Disorders Segment
12. Pharmacogenomics Segment
13. Regional Forecast Trends and Opportunities - China Molecular Diagnostics Market
14. South Korea Molecular Diagnostics Market
15. India Molecular Diagnostics Market
16. Japan Molecular Diagnostics Market
17. Australia Molecular Diagnostics Market
18. Taiwan Molecular Diagnostics Market
19. Indonesia Molecular Diagnostics Market
20. Malaysia Molecular Diagnostics Market
21. Thailand Molecular Diagnostics Market
22. Singapore Molecular Diagnostics Market
23. Philippines Molecular Diagnostics Market
24. Vietnam Molecular Diagnostics Market
- Becton Dickinson
- Perkin Elmer
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9x592b/apac_molecular