LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Gelato World Tour, the world’s premiere cross-cultural artisan gelato competition, has partnered with Rosito Bisani to announce the 10 elite gelato flavors that will compete in the Los Angeles Challenge taking place May 2, 2017.
The first place flavor from the L.A. Challenge will move on to the Grand Finale in Italy to compete against the top gelato flavors from around the world. The finale will be held in Rimini, Italy, September 8-10, 2017.
The 10 flavors that have been selected to compete at the Gelato World Tour Los Angeles Challenge are:
- Bee’s Knees by Ron Mendoza, Revival Ice Cream, Monterey, CA
- Caramel Macchiato by Bob Hoxsie, Mangiamo Gelato Caffe, Fountain Valley, CA
- Nerone by Marco Saba & Andrea Racca, Bobboi Natural Gelato, La Jolla, CA
- Mediterranean Dream by Walter Bergamaschi, Gelato Dolce Vita, Mesa, AZ
- Golden Mylk & Orange Saffron Caramel by Bryce Licht, Fior di Latte Gelato, Boulder, CO
- Cali Vibes by Davide Zambon, Italicus Gelato, Temecula, CA
- Toasted Marshmallows by Brandon Y. Choi, Gelato by Stick Station, Pasadena, CA
- Caramelized Fig by Spin Mlynark, Black Market Gelato, North Hollywood, CA
- Turtle Bliss by Elizabeth McCleary, Devine Gelateria & Cafe, Sacramento, CA
- Amarena Wild Cherries by Luca Monaco, Monaco Gelato, Los Angeles, CA
With more than 1,500 competitors from 5 continents, the Gelato World Tour is the most comprehensive gelato competition in the world. It has already visited 10 cities: Rome, Valencia, Melbourne, Dubai, Austin, Berlin, Rimini, Singapore, Tokyo and most recently New York City. The prestigious Carpigiani Gelato University and Sigep – Rimini Fiera, the most important trade show for traditional gelato and pastry, have organized the event. Main Partners are IFI, leading manufacturer of gelato display cases, and PreGel, the world’s largest producer of ingredients for gelato and pastry. The event is supported internationally by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Italian Ministry of Economic Development, and the Emilia Romagna Region.
Media credentials, photography, b-roll and more information are available upon request.