DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Graphene, 2D Materials and Carbon Nanotubes: Markets, Technologies and Opportunities 2017-2027" report to their offering.
The report expects the graphene market to grow to over $300m in 2027. This forecast is at the material level and does not count the value of graphene-enabled products. In many instances graphene is only an additive with low wt% values.
A continual decline in average sales prices will accompany the revenue growth, meaning that volume sales will reach over 3.8 k tpa (tonnes per annum) in 2027. Despite this, forecasts suggest that the industry will remain in a state of over-capacity until 2021 beyond which time new capacity will need to be installed. Furthermore, research forecasts that some 90% of the market value will go to graphene platelets (vs. sheets) in 2027.
The market will be segmented across many applications, reflecting the diverse properties of graphene. In general, we expect functional inks and coatings to reach the market earlier. This is a trend that we forecasted several years ago and is now observed in prototypes and small-volume applications. Indeed, analyst research projects that the market for functional inks and coatings will make up 21% of the market by 2018. Ultimately however, energy storage and composites will grow to be the largest sectors, controlling 25% and 40% of the market in 2027, respectively.
- 2D Carbon Graphene Material Co., Ltd
- AMO GmbH, Germany
- AZ Electronics, Luxembourg
- Abalonyx AS
- Advanced Graphene Products
- Airbus, France
- Aixtron, Germany
- Anderlab Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Angstron Materials
- Applied Graphene Materials
- Asbury Carbon
- BASF, Germany
- Bayer MaterialScience AG (now left the business)
- Bluestone Global Tech (now left the business)
- CNano Technology
- CRANN, Ireland
- Cabot Corporation
- Cambridge Graphene Centre
- (80+ Others)
Key Topics Covered:
2. MARKET PROJECTIONS
3. GRAPHENE PRODUCTION
4. GRAPHENE MATERIALS
5. GRAPHENE APPLICATIONS AND MARKETS
6. TRANSPARENT CONDUCTIVE FILMS
7. GRAPHENE CONDUCTIVE INKS
9. ENERGY STORAGE (LI ION, SI ANODE AND LIS)
11. GRAPHENE AND 2D MATERIALS FOR TRANSISTORS
14. OTHER APPLICATIONS
15. REVIEW OF PROGRESS WITH CARBON NANOTUBES
16. INTERVIEW BASED COMPANY PROFILES
17. COMPANY PROFILES
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xw8bn5/graphene_2d