2016 was a pivotal year for powertrain technologies globally as the fallout from Volkswagen's Diesel-gate scandal continued to reverberate. Diesel sales are declining in some regions as electric vehicle sales boom. OEMs are under pressure to meet fleet emission mandates and consumer demand for advanced technologies to improve performance.
This study provides an analysis of powertrain technologies, discusses powertrain industry highlights from 2016, and looks at the trends that will shape the industry in 2017 and beyond. Major markets covered are the Europe, North America, Brazil, China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Turkey. Technologies and trends including engine downsizing and rightsizing, direct injection, turbocharging, and after-treatment systems are examined. Shifts in acceptance of diesel engines and hybrid, battery electric, and fuel cell power-trains are discussed. Significant vehicle, engine, and transmission launches are detailed.
Key questions this study will answer:
- What are the overall growth trends for vehicles of various fuel types?
- Have the sales diesel cars taken a hit?
- What are the implications of the new emission and testing regulations on the growth of diesel engine technologies?
- What are the current e-mobility trends? What factors are working for and against its growth and what are they developments to expect in the coming years?
- What are the technology trends to look for in the industry as it moves towards stronger emission regulations?
- What powertrain strategies are being adopted by different OEMs in order to comply with upcoming emission and fuel economy standards?
- What are the latest technologies that will help to optimize internal combustion engines to meet fuel efficiency standards?
- The study concludes with strategic recommendations for market participants on new testing procedures, diesel investments, alternative propulsion technologies, and market focus.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
3. Market Overview
4. Powertrain Outlook-Europe
5. Powertrain Outlook-North America
6. Powertrain Outlook-China
7. Powertrain Outlook-Japan
8. Powertrain Outlook-South Korea
9. Regional Outlook-India
10. Regional Outlook-Turkey
11. Powertrain Technology Outlook
12. 2016-2017 Powertrain and Vehicle Launches to Watch
13. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
14. Conclusions and Future Outlook
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s2qfcm/global_powertrain