DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Insect Growth Regulators Market by Type (Chitin Synthesis Inhibitors, Juvenile Hormone Analogs & Mimics, Anti-juvenile Hormone Agents), Form, Application (Agricultural, Livestock Pests, Commercial Pest Control), and Region - Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The global insect growth regulators market is estimated at USD 736.3 million in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 1,054.3 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.16% during the forecast period.
The primary factors that drive the market are adoption of environmentally safe crop protection products and wider applicability of insect growth regulators in commercial pest control usage. The major restraining factors are that insect growth regulator products are effective only in the initial stages of pest and insect growth and are less effective when they are used as a stand-alone control method. They have a low knockdown effect when used as a stand-alone product as they only control the growth stages among insects and pests; do not kill them directly.
The juvenile hormone analogs & mimics segment is projected to have the highest CAGR, by type, during the forecast period. This is due to its wide-scale usage in commercial pest control, both indoors and outdoors, which increases the reach of the product in controlling the insect's maturation process.
The aerosol segment is projected to have the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Aerosol insect growth regulators are easy to store and also convenient to purchase in small quantities, which makes them preferable over other forms such as liquid or bait. They are most effective when the spray droplets contact the insect directly, rather than against insects in cracks and crevices.
- Adoption of Environmentally Safe Crop Protection Products
- Rise in Application Scope of Insect Growth Regulators in Commercial Pest Control
- Effective Only in Initial Stages of Pest and Insect Growth
- Less Effective as A Stand-Alone Control Method
- Growing Off-Patent Crop Protection Chemicals Market
- Less Stringent Laws for Insect Growth Regulators
- Development of Resistance Towards Certain Insect Growth Regulator Products
Key Topics Covered:
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Insect Growth Regulators Market, By Type
7 Insect Growth Regulators Market, By Form
8 Insect Growth Regulators Market, By Application
9 Insect Growth Regulators Market, By Region
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Company Profiles
- Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (Makhteshim-Agan)
- Bayer Cropscience AG
- Central Garden & Pets Co.
- Nufarm Limited
- Platform Specialty Products Corporation
- Russell IPM Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited
- Syngenta AG
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Valent U.S.A. Corporation
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xpnd6v/insect_growth