Online Services loom larger in today's scientific, technical and medical publishing market than ever before. Books are in decline and journals face upheaval from the impact of open access policies. STM Online Services represent an exciting market where there is growth, opportunity for development and collaboration. Rely on STM Online Services 2016-2020 to build your strategy in this critical market for this year and beyond.
STM Online Services 2016-2020 provides an overview and financial outlook for the global STM online services market based on specific research and analysis of the leading competitors' performance. Company performance is estimated through 2016.
The overall market is divided into:
- Abstracting & Indexing Services (A&I): secondary publishing services almost entirely delivered via electronic databases, but including a dwindling portion from print, CD-ROM or even microfiche.
- Online Content: stand-alone STM Web sites, electronic databases and online marketplaces that are not based on books, journals or A&I services. Includes standards, patents, training and certification, clinical reference, drug databases, reference management and analytical tools.
The research provides market sizing for A&I and online content in both the scientific and technical and medical segments. These market slices are forecast to 2020.
STM Online Services 2016-2020 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and trends and forecast that include:
- Exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- A look at the geographic breakdown of online services sales
- Discussion and analysis of the impact of currency movements
- A discussion of the market for non-English-language online services
- Ranking and analysis of the top ten online services competitors
- Tracking merger and acquisition activity
Examples of some of the key trends discussed include:
- The impact of political and economic uncertainty
- Consolidation among market leaders
- Dynamic publishing the next step in technical evolution
- Social Media increases product engagement
- Altmetrics go deeper.
Some of the players covered in this report include:
- Clarivate Analytics
- Wolters Kluwer
- IHS Markit
- American Chemical Society
- Truven Healthcare Analytics
- Hearst Health Network
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kp3b49/stm_online