DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Malawian Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
The 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Malawian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Malawi.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The insurance industry of Malawi is regulated by the Pension and Insurance Supervision Department of the Reserve Bank of Malawi.
- Motor third-party liability insurance is compulsory.
- Composite insurance is not permitted in the Malawian insurance industry.
- 100% foreign direct investment is permitted in the Malawian insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited by the insurance legislation. Risks that are not covered by the domestic insurers can be placed with unauthorized insurers.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rtdbrf/governance_risk