CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, a leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, is thrilled to present State of the Science Summit™: Head and Neck Cancers, at 5:00p.m. on April 20, 2017 at Hilton Stamford in Stamford, Connecticut. Dr. Barbara Ann Burtness, professor of medicine, disease aligned research team leader with Head and Neck Cancers Program, and co-director of Developmental Therapeutics Research Program at Yale School of Medicine, will lead the summit along with medical experts and faculty members from Yale University.
The four-hour educational summit is designed to help oncologists and will discuss key topics such as immunotherapy, radiation therapy advances, smoking cessation, and lymphedema and physical therapy. Additionally, attendees will receive the opportunity to hear the following prominent thought leaders lend their expertise and insights to the conversation:
- Lynn Acton, M.S., CCC/SLP, Lecturer in surgery (otolaryngology); speech pathologist
- Aarti Bhatia, M.D., Assistant professor of medicine (medical oncology)
- Lisa Fucito, Ph.D., Assistant professor of psychiatry
- Louis Friedman, PT, Rehabilitation services
- Zain A. Husain, M.D., Assistant professor of therapeutic radiology
- Benjamin Judson, M.D., Associate professor of surgery (otolaryngology)
- Wendell Yarbrough, M.D., Section chief, otolaryngology, Director, Head and Neck Program, Smilow Cancer Hospital, Co-Director, Molecular Virology Research Program
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive® with medical experts from across the nation. Aiming to discuss the current treatment options, the summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and healthcare professionals across key disciplines that range from medical and surgical oncology and hematology.
Registration is free of charge and open to all healthcare professionals. For more information and for registration please visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at: ACooper@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive.com offers oncology professionals information they can utilize to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News®, Oncology Business Management™ and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research, medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.