DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Starter Culture Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2014 to 2024" report to their offering.
The starter culture market was valued at USD814.4Mn by value and 1,107.5 kilo ton by volume in 2015, and is expected to reach USD1,426.9 Mn by value and 1,896.1 kilo ton by volume by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 6.1% by value and 5.8% by volume from 2016 to 2024.
The starter culture market is anticipated to grow in the forecast period, due to increase in use of fermented food and beverages, with rampant consumption of alcoholic globally. Starter culture market is segmented on the basis of type of microorganism use such as lactic starter culture and non lactic starter culture. Lactic starter culture further segmented as Cocci and Rods.
Alcoholic starter culture market is largest in Europe. Non-alcoholic starters plays important role in cheese, baked and dairy products manufacturing. These are also used in preparation of probiotics and fermented health drinks. Due to the change in consumption pattern globally demand for fermented food increased extensively in last two decades and thus global market for Non-alcoholic starter is comparatively large.
The market is dominated by few players such as Chr. Hansen A/S, Danisco A/S, and Lasaffre group. Other key players in this market are C.S.K. Food enrichment B.V., D.S.M. Food Specialities, Biena, Lallemand Inc., Wyeast laboratories and others.
Key Market Movements:
- Change in Consumers dietary pattern, rising demand for fermented, baked and dairy based products key growth driver for the market.
- Increased consumer awareness for preventive and better healthcare, increased use of probiotic drinks, discovery of novel probiotics, would further drive the market during forecast period.
- The market is driven by the substantial increase in the demand for alcoholic products also some region has seen tremendous technological advancement in the process of fermentation.
- Discovery of novel probiotics and fermented diary beverages entering the market, will boast the demand of the nutritious fermented product.
- Introduction of novel probiotics and fermented diary beverages entering the market will further increase the demand of the fermented product.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Preface
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Global Starter Culture Market Analysis
Chapter 4 Global Starter Culture Market Analysis, By Type (ability to utilize the lactose)
Chapter 5 Global Starter Culture Market Analysis, By Organism Growth Temperature
Chapter 6 Global Starter Culture Market Analysis, by Types of Starter Used
Chapter 7 Global Starter Culture Market Analysis, by Applications
Chapter 8 Global Starter Culture Market, By Geography
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- Lactina Limited
- CSK Food Enrichment B.V.
- BDF Natural Ingredients, S.L.
- Döhler Group
- Angel Yeast Co. Ltd.
- DSM Food Specialties
- Tetra Pak International SA
- Clerici-Sacco Group
- LB Bulgaricum P.L.C.
- Danisco A/S
- Lallemand, Inc.
- Lesaffre Group
- Biena, Inc.
- Wyeast Laboratories, Inc.
- Chr. Hansen A/S
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/34gk7b/global_starter