LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rimini Street, Inc., the leading global independent provider of enterprise software support services for SAP SE’s (NYSE:SAP) Business Suite, BusinessObjects and HANA Database software and Oracle Corporation’s (NYSE:ORCL) Siebel, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, E-Business Suite, Oracle Database, Oracle Middleware, Hyperion, Oracle Retail, Oracle Agile PLM and Oracle ATG Web Commerce software, today announced delivery of the next set of global tax, legal and regulatory updates for 2017. Including the 2017-B update for PeopleSoft clients in the United States and Canada, these updates were once again delivered to clients before the vendor’s own scheduled delivery date for similar updates. In addition, the global updates delivered affected SAP, Oracle E-Business Suite and JD Edwards clients with operations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as the Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Europe, Middle East and Africa regions.
To date, Rimini Street has issued more than 130,000 tax, legal and regulatory updates. The Company uses an innovative combination of a patent-pending tax, legal and regulatory technology, a proven methodology, and ISO 9001-certified development processes to ensure clients receive accurate, high-quality deliverables.
Updates for the United States and Canada
In the United States and Canada, Rimini Street provided numerous tax, legal and regulatory updates required by the Internal Revenue Service and the Canada Revenue Agency, as well as federal, state, local and territory governments. At the U.S. federal government level, Rimini Street delivered updates related to the 2016 1042-S Form, 1099-MISC and IRS 1099-INT Form and Instructions for Form 1099-INT. The updates also included changes to Publication 1187 to provide specifications for electronic filing of 2016 Form 1042-S.
At the state level, Rimini Street’s updates related to W-2 Electronic Files, Minimum Wage updates, Taxable Wage Base increases, Income Tax increases, Disability Wage Base increases and Maximum Assessable Earnings for many states, including Colorado, the District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Missouri, North Dakota, Oregon and Vermont. At the local level, dozens of tax updates were provided for municipalities in Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, including the U.S. Virgin Islands.
For clients in Canada, Rimini Street delivered T4 and T4A form electronic changes for tax year 2016, and RL-1 and RL-2 slips and electronic filing updates. The updates also contained changes related to Garnishment of Support Payments as required by Revenu Québec, Payroll Tax Updates for Ontario, the RRSP Contribution Limit increase and State Maximum Assessable Earnings increases.
Updates for Asia-Pacific, EMEA and Latin America
With tax, legal and regulatory delivery capabilities for nearly 200 countries, Rimini Street also recently provided many required updates to its clients who need tax, legal and regulatory support for Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Columbia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Singapore, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
The following updates have been delivered to clients:
- For Argentina, regional withholding tax changes for gross income and changes in Turnover tax law for the province of Santa Fe.
- For Australia, updates to the Fringe Benefits Tax Rate.
- For Brazil, changes to SPED NF-e, SPED EFD and COFIS.
- For Columbia, updates related to federal tax reform depreciation and amortization, and VAT changes, as well as self-withholding income tax rates.
- For Hong Kong, revisions to the Statutory Minimum Wage Rate and the requirement to keep the record for employee hours worked.
- For India, changes to the new Goods and Services Tax (GST), including instructions, configurations and tax procedure migration, effective July 1, 2017.
- For Indonesia, changes to the minimum wage for all provinces and new income cap on the BPJS Pension Program.
- For Israel, updates to the 856 Report.
- For Italy, new exemption rule updates.
- For Japan, Health insurance rates by prefecture, Long-term Care insurance rate and Employment insurance rate changes.
- For Malaysia, updates to tax relief changes, income tax rate and the mandatory submission of Return Form of an Employer (Form E) via e-Filing as required by the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRBM).
- For Mexico, changes related to Unit of Measure and Update (UMA) value.
- For New Zealand, updates to Pay as You Earn (PAYE) withholding and reporting for employee share schemes and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) Earners’ Levy threshold.
- For Poland, changes to the new legal update related to SAF-T files as required by the Polish Ministry of Finance.
- For Singapore, changes related to new paternity leave legislation and the requirement of Retrenchment Notifications to the Ministry of Manpower (MoM).
- For Taiwan, changes to electronic filing for non-resident taxpayers and non-resident employee salary withholding tax baseline introduced by the Ministry of Finance.
- For the United Kingdom, updates affected Real Time Information reporting (RTI), Thresholds, the Apprenticeship Levy, National Insurance, P60 and EPS Data Validation.
Industry-Leading Tax, Legal & Regulatory Research and Technology
Rimini Street’s tax, legal and regulatory strategy and scoping team is made up of veteran tax specialists, attorneys and international tax, legal and regulatory professionals who use advanced technology and numerous government and private-sector sources to monitor, collect and verify tax, legal and regulatory changes. These sources include more than 3,200 government web sites and close to 3,500 information sources covering more than 26,000 localities in nearly 200 countries.
Rimini Street also participates in and is a member of many prominent tax, legal and regulatory associations around the world, including the American, Canadian, United Kingdom and Australian Payroll Associations, the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, the Financial Executives International Association, the Tax Council and the Tax Executives Institute. The innovative combination of technology, proven methodology and ISO 9001 quality processes consistently assures the fastest “legislature-to-live”SM update delivery cycle and highest quality deliverables in the industry.
“Hundreds of organizations have benefited from the efficiency and convenience of leveraging Rimini Street’s proven, comprehensive tax, legal and regulatory updates. Through our patent-pending research technology and ISO-certified development processes, Rimini Street has delivered more than 130,000 updates worldwide to our Oracle and SAP clients to date,” said Paul Henville, group vice president, Global Product Delivery, Rimini Street. “Our global team of experts, engineers and support professionals remains dedicated to helping clients stay compliant with the constant shift in tax, legal and regulatory updates and to ensuring mission-critical transactions continue to run smoothly.”
About Rimini Street, Inc.
Rimini Street is the global leader in providing independent enterprise software support services. The company has redefined enterprise support services since 2005 with an innovative, award-winning program that enables Oracle and SAP licensees to save up to 90 percent on total support costs. Clients can remain on their current software release without any required upgrades for a minimum of 15 years. Nearly 1,900 global Fortune 500, midmarket, public sector and other organizations from a broad range of industries have selected Rimini Street as their trusted, independent support provider. To learn more, please visit http://www.riministreet.com, follow @riministreet on Twitter and find Rimini Street on Facebook and LinkedIn.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. The words “believe,” “may,” “will,” “plan,” “estimate,” “continue,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “expect,” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, and are based on various assumptions. If the risks materialize or our assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by these forward-looking statements. Rimini Street assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements or information, which speak only as of the date of this press release.
Rimini Street and the Rimini Street logo are trademarks of Rimini Street, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.