CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, a leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, announces the latest State of the Science Summit™: Treatment of Hematologic Malignancies, which will take place at 5:30p.m. on April 19, 2017, at Marriott City Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Dr. Shaji Kumar, professor of medicine at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, will chair the summit and will be joined by medical and surgical oncology and hematology experts from across the nation.
Dr. Kumar’s clinical research primarily focuses on multiple myeloma and monoclonal gammopathies. He aims to improve the understanding of the disease biology, which in turn will help develop better drugs and treatment options.
The three-and-a-half-hour educational summit designed to help practitioners, will discuss key topics such as multiple myeloma, acute myeloid leukemia, mantle cell lymphoma, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Additionally, attendees will receive the opportunity to hear from prominent thought leaders from Mayo Clinic where they will lend their expertise and insights to the conversation. The key leaders are as follows:
- Aref Al-Kali, M.D., Hematologist/Oncologist, Mayo Clinic
- Stephen Ansell, M.D., Ph.D., Hematologist, Mayo Clinic, Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Kebede Begna, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Ronald Go, M.D., Associate Professor of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Prashant Kapoor, M.D., Hematologist/ Oncologist, Mayo Clinic
- Grzegorz Nowakowski, M.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine & Advanced Hematology Fellowship Director, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Sameer Parikh, M.B.B.S., Assistant Professor, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Registration is free of charge and open to all healthcare professionals. For more information and for registration please visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Allison Cooper at: ACooper@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive.com offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive® is the official website for Michael J. Hennessy Associates’ Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News®, Oncology Business Management® and more. Michael J. Hennessy Associates, Inc. is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research, medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.