DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Printable, Flexible and Stretchable Sensors and Electronics 2017-2027" report to their offering.
Based on a new generation of materials, printed, flexible and stretchable (PFS) sensors and electronics will enable new possibilities in a diverse range industries from healthcare to automotive to buildings.
The recent growth of Internet of Things (IoT) and wearables has created the need for electronics and sensor systems that are small, lightweight, mechanically flexible and low-power. These systems must also be able to conform to the shape of and survive the environment in which they must operate. They are typically fabricated on flexible plastic substrates or are printed/woven into fabrics.
Applications covered in this report include:
Electronic components and displays
- Multilayer printing of circuitry.
- Large-area electronic-based sensors for Internet of Things (IoT)
- Organic-semiconductor based circuits.
- Highly stretchable large-area sensors.
- Large-area flexible electronic devices.
- Inkjet-printed stretchable electrodes.
- Stretchable, biocompatible and biodegradable substrates.
- Wireless sensors and networks.
Energy harvesting and storage
- RF, piezo and thermal harvesting.
- Flexible PV cells.
- Printed PV cells.
- Printed flexible energy harvesting devices.
- OLED lighting.
- Novel interconnects.
- Printable batteries and supercapacitors.
- Flexible thermoelectric devices.
- Stretchable/ultra-flexible electronics.
- Fitness monitoring.
- Biosensors for sports.
- Integrated dashboards.
- Flexible OLEDs.
Healthcare and medical
- Flexible X-ray imaging.
- On-body ECG monitoring.
- Biosensors and electronics to interface biological tissue.
- Artificial skins.
- Printed and Flexible Sensors for Vital Signs Monitoring.
Development areas covered include:
- New organic semiconducting materials for organic electronics
- Conductive inks for 2D and 3D printed devices
- Flexible IGZO backplanes
- Stretchable thermoformed inks.
- OTFTs (organic thin-film transistors).
- Solution processed polymer semiconductors for thin-film transistors.
- Transparent conducting films (TCF) for touch sensors.
- Organic thin film transistors (OTFT)
- Organic photodetectors (OPD).
- Nanomaterials based printed, flexible and stretchable electronics and applications.
- Graphene for flexible electronics.
- Flexible transparent conductive electrodes for Organic Devices.
- Hybrid transparent conductors for deformable displays.
Report contents include:
- Current and future products.
- Advanced materials for printable, flexible and stretchable electronics and sensors.
- Stage of commercialization for applications, from basic research to market entry. Markets covered include conductive inks, wearables and IoT, medical & healthcare sensors, electronic clothing & smart apparel, energy harvesting & storage, electronics components and displays.
- Market drivers and trends.
- In-depth market assessment revenue estimates to 2027 by application areas and growth rates.
- Over 150 in-depth company profiles, including products and commercial activities.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Research Methodology
3 Printable, Flexible And Stretchable Electronic Materials And Composites
4 Printable, Flexible And Stretchable Conductive Inks
5 Printable, Flexible And Stretchable Sensors For Wearables And IoT
6 Printable, Flexible And Stretchable Medical And Healthcare Sensors And Wearables
7 Printable, Flexible And Stretchable Electronic Clothing And Apparel
8 Printable, Flexible And Stretchable Energy Harvesting And Storage
9 Printable, Flexible And Stretchable Electronic Components And Displays
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t45k6l/the_global_market