DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Collaborative R&D Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech & Diagnostics 2012-2017" report to their offering.
The Global Collaborative R&D Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics 2012-2017 report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the collaborative R&D deals and agreements entered into by the world's leading life science companies.
This report provides details of the latest collaborative R&D deals announced in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and diagnostic sectors. Fully up to date with the latest information, the report provides details of collaborative R&D deals from 2012 to 2017.
There has been a long standing willingness for parties to enter collaborative R&D deals. Such deals enable both parties to benefit from the upside of a big R&D win, whilst mitigating the risks of going it alone in the risky preclinical and clinical development stages.
Collaborative R&D is a specific type of partnering deal whereby the parties to the deal agree to collaborate on the research and development and subsequently commercialize a compound, product or technology.
There are several forms of a collaborative R&D deal: A traditional collaborative R&D arrangement whereby an owner of intellectual property (the licensor) provides access to its technology to another company (the licensee) in return for agreed payments and royalties on subsequent sales of product(s) derived from the intellectual property.
In more recent times, licensing is often the outcome of a successful period of collaborative R&D on the research and development of a technology or compound, resulting in a product which can be commercialized. In this situation, the collaborative R&D agreement governs who has permission to commercialize and what payments are due should commercialization proceed.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter collaborative R&D deals. The majority of deals are multicomponent whereby the licensee retains either a right or option to license to commercialize the resultant product of the research collaboration. There are also numerous pure licensing deals whereby the product's originator takes on a development/commercialization partner in order to maximize a technology's/product's prospects.
- Trends in collaborative R&D dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2012
- Analysis of collaborative R&D deal structure
- Case studies of real-life collaborative R&D deals
- Comprehensive listing of over 4,500 collaborative R&D deals since 2012
- Access to collaborative R&D contract documents
- Key financial benchmarks for headline, upfront, milestone and royalty rates
- The leading collaborative R&D deals by value since 2012
- Most active collaborative R&D dealmakers since 2012
- The leading collaborative R&D partnering resources
In Global Collaborative R&D Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma, Biotech and Diagnostics 2012-2017 available deals and contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Therapeutic area
- Technology type
Key Topics Covered:
2. Trends in collaborative R&D dealmaking
3. Overview of collaborative R&D deal structure
4. Leading collaborative R&D deals
5. Top 50 most active collaborative R&D dealmakers
6. Collaborative R&D deal term financials
7. Collaborative R&D contract directory 2012 - 2017
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vxmrn9/global