DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Consumer Smartphone Analytics 2016: Communication Services" report to their offering.
This report analyses real-world smartphone usage data to answer urgent questions about the status of communication services. The report looks at consumer engagement with various social and communication services, assesses the level of substitution of legacy operator services, and outlines the state of relevant operator initiatives.
This report and data annex provide:
- Insight into real-world usage of communication services including penetration, time spent on apps and frequency of engagement
- Discussion of how communication relates to adjacent social and entertainment services
- Quantification of the level of substitution of legacy operator services (voice and SMS/MMS) by IP-based alternatives
- Demographic analysis of communications usage and behaviour on smartphones
- Usage and engagement data for operators' own apps.
Who Should Read this Report
- Strategy and planning executives who are responsible for mobile operators' communication services strategies and partnerships with OTT players.
- Executives in mobile operators' technology and innovations teams who are responsible for developing communication services.
- Marketing executives at vendors of communication services equipment and software, because it will help them understand the needs of operator customers and their end users.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Levels of User Engagement
- Substitution of Legacy Services
- Operator Apps
- Methodology and Panel Information
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/drphgl/consumer