SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Internet of Things World, the world’s largest and most comprehensive IoT event and expo, today announces its most diverse agenda to date. This year’s event, which takes place May 16-18 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, brings together leading names from multiple verticals including smart cities, manufacturing, supply chain, healthcare, smart home, aviation and connected/autonomous transportation. It will also tackle the most important horizontal themes such as data analytics and AI; security and privacy; blockchain and the complex IoT platform ecosystem.
Internet of Things World 2017 is expecting over 11,000 attendees, 400 speakers, 250 exhibitors and 100 IoT startups. Internet of Things World is also co-located with Connected & Autonomous Vehicles, covering the entire IoT industry in one event.
This year’s event also includes specific tracks and speakers discussing:
- NHSTA: The Federal Autonomous Vehicle Policy – Paul Hemmersbaugh, Chief Counsel and Public Policy Director, Transportation as a Service, General Motors
- Stepping into the Fast Lane, What Does a Fully Autonomous Future Really Look Like? – Henry Bzeih, Managing Director Connected and Mobility Division, Kia
- Future Mobility Panel: Intelligent Transportation and the New Rules of the Road – Tracey Zhen, President, Zipcar; Linda Bernardi, Investor, Board Member & Advisor, StraTerra Partners LLC; Nigel Upton, Worldwide Director & General Manager IoT/GCP, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- What is the IoT Opportunity and How Do We Get There? Sam George, Partner, Director - Azure IoT - Microsoft
- Beyond the Transaction - How Big Data Can Transform the Consumer and Enterprise Experience with IoT - Anil Earla, Head of Information and Data Analytics - Global Information Systems, Visa
- From Cool to Crucial: Achieving Mass Market Success of Connected Industry, Enterprise and Consumer – Lindsey Turrentine, Editor in Chief, CNET; Chris Jones, VP of Technology, iRobot; James Stansberry, SVP, Samsung
- Extracting Value from IoT in the Oil/Gas Industry: Joe Madden - Principal Analyst, Mobile Experts; Mehrzad Mahdavi - Vice President, Digital Solutions, Weatherford; Mark Razmandi - ESS Analyst - DSi, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
- Addressing Needs and Increasing Efficiencies with Smart Agriculture: Vikas Choudhary - Senior Economist, World Bank - Agriculture Global Practice (GFADR); Craig Rupp - Director of Engineering, The Climate Corporation; Julian Sanchez, Director, Technology Innovation Center, John Deere
- Case Study: Making Better Vineyards with IoT Technologies - Gregory Brun - Senior Viticulturist, Delicato Family Vineyards
- The New Age of Industrial IoT – Ganesh Bell, Chief Digital Officer, GE Power; Kevin Brown, CTO and Senior Vice President of Innovation, Schneider Electric; Don Reeves, CTO, Silver Spring Networks
- Creating Smarter Cities – Future Trends and Best Practice: Jon Walton - CIO, County of San Mateo; Chris Davis - Vice President, Smart Cities, CIMCON Lighting, Inc; John Montenero - Chief Procurement Officer, City of Palo Alto
- How to Create Sustainable Cities with IoT: Teena Maddox - Senior Writer, TechRepublic/CBS Interactive; John Miri - Chief Administrative Officer, Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA); Deborah Acosta - Chief Innovation officer, City of San Leandro
- Looking into the Future: Smart Cities Utilities Infrastructure: Parth Kapadia - Entrepreneur in Residence, Exelon Corporation; Eric Clifton - Founder and CEO, Orison and Noah Goldstein - Director, Navigant
- The Bigger Picture: Harnessing the IoT Opportunity to Enhance Communities, Cities and Environments – Brenna Berman, CIO, City of Chicago; Archana Vemulapalli, CTO, Washington D.C.; Arlette Hart, CISO, FBI; Sridhar Negamanthan, VP & Global Head, Business Innovation Group, IoT WoRKS
- Innovation, Advertising, Reaching the Mass Market and Generating Revenues: Jean- Pierre Abello - Director, Global Engineering R&D, Nielsen; Mark Regal - Sr. Manager of Hardware and Tech, Indigogo
- The Role of Retailers and Advertisers: Accelerating Smart Home Product Sales - Gene Han - Head of Innovation, Consumer IoT, Target
- Security for the Modern World: Living in a Protected Smart Home – Dan Herscovici, SVP, Comcast
- Moving Forward with Connected Health - In Hospitals and Remote Care: Joshua Liberman - Sr. Epidemiologist and Executive Director of Research, Development & Dissemination (RDD), Sutter Health; Kurt Erchinger - Sr. Director, Online Technology, Digital Engineering and Mobile Solutions,Walgreens
- Transforming Patient Care through IoT: Liat Ben-Zur - Senior Vice-President, Digital Technology Leader, Philips
- Sutter Health – Transforming Healthcare Delivery from the Inside: Joshua Liberman - Sr. Epidemiologist and Executive Director of Research, Development & Dissemination (RDD), Sutter Health
- Harmonizing Innovation and Privacy to Successful Bring IoT to Healthcare – Stuart McGuigan, CIO, Johnson & Johnson
Sports and Entertainment
- Developing the Ultimate Fan Experience: Keith Bruce - CEO & President, San Francisco Bay Area Super Bowl Host Committee; Mike Janes - VP, Engineering & Technology, Portland Trailblazers; John Coombs - Co-founder & CEO, Rover
- Game Changers - Cognitive Computing, Data Analytics to Push Athletes Further: Mounir Zok - Director of Technology & Innovation, United States Olympic Committee; Mickey Ferri - Chief Growth Officer, Enflux
- Multi-layered Approach to the IoT Future of Sports and Entertainment: John Coombs - Co-founder & CEO, Rover
Stephane Wyper, SVP, Mastercard, comments: “These new digital experiences cannot be developed in isolation, it requires an ecosystem. Partners will need to work together to create compelling solutions that drive tangible and immediate value and enhance the consumer experience. Although mass consumer and enterprise adoption is still ahead of us, there is one ingredient for future growth and it’s based on a simple objective - always build things that are better than what exists today. I look forward to exploring the hyper-connected IoT world and share how Mastercard is transforming the way consumers interact and transact.”
Gavin Whitechurch, Founder of Internet of Things World, adds: “This year marks the biggest and most diverse event we’ve run, with over 300 organizations from 13 verticals coming along to bring their unique viewpoint to the discussion. Cross-sector collaboration and knowledge-sharing is part of what makes IoT World so successful, and is ultimately what will continue to drive a connected world forward.”
Internet of Things World 2017 highlights include:
- Industry leading conference: Featuring 400 speakers covering a range of key IoT vertical topics
- Start Up City: Featuring over 300 innovative IoT start-ups
- Free expo only pass: Attendees will have access to two days of expert insights, case studies and more technical deep-dive content, including admission to the IoT Developer Stage and Ecosystem Center Stage
- Leading sponsors and exhibitors: Microsoft, Samsung, Avnet, IoT Works by HCL Technologies, Silver Spring Networks, VMWare and more
For more information and to register for Internet of Things World 2017, please visit our website.
Media passes are complimentary and will be received upon completion of the media registration form and qualification verification. The press registration form can be found here.
About Internet of Things World
Internet of Things World 2017 is the world’s largest and most comprehensive IoT event with over 11,000 attendees, 400+ industry thought leaders and 250+ exhibitors. With a focus on monetizing and gaining value from the IoT revolution through enabling industry-wide collaboration and building partnerships, Internet of Things World provides a unique opportunity to meet the full ecosystem.
With a comprehensive conference agenda covering everything from smart cities, manufacturing, supply chain, healthcare, smart home, aviation and connected/autonomous transportation to data analytics, AI, security, privacy, and blockchain, Internet of Things World 2017 boasts the most comprehensive IoT agenda in the marketplace. In addition to conference passes, the event offers free exhibition only passes for those wishing to browse the expo hall, allowing visitors access to selected summits and the exhibition floor for networking and meeting new suppliers.
For more information about the show or to register for a pass that suits your needs, visit our website.