The global tantalum market to grow at a CAGR of 3.13% during the period 2017-2021.
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global tantalum market for 2017-2021. To calculate the market size, the report considers the sales of tantalum for capacitors, turbine and aircraft structure parts, optical coatings, medical implants, thin-film resistors, carbide cutting tools and wear parts, and other end-markets. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
The latest trend gaining momentum in the market is huge growth prospects due to increasing IoT applications. The Internet of Things (IoT) applications are expected to have a tremendous growth during the forecast period. The introduction of new and innovative electronic and electrical products with advanced connectivity features will boost the IoT applications. The greater propagation of the idea of a connected world will further stimulate innovation and the introduction of electronic and electrical products, i.e., smartphones, notebooks, TV sets, and tablets. These products extensively use capacitors for their functioning.
- Smartphone penetration triggering demand for capacitors
- Increasing demand for implants
- Increasing use of tantalum in aerospace superalloys
- Miniaturization leading to reduced use
- Tantalum designated as conflict mineral
- Niobium replacing tantalum in some applications
- Huge growth prospects due to increasing IoT applications
- Growth in smart grid market
- New emerging applications
- Advanced Metallurgical
- China Minmetals
- Global Advanced Metals
- H.C. Starck
- Ningxia Orient Tantalum Industry
Other prominent vendors
- Ethiopian Mineral Development Share Company (EMDSC)
- Jiangxi KING-TAN Tantalum Industry
- Mineração Taboca
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zppkm7/global_tantalum