DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Wireless Network Data Traffic in Developed Asia-Pacific: Trends and Forecasts 2016-2021 " report to their offering.
"Some of the most advanced telecoms markets in the world are in developed Asia-Pacific and traffic trends there can indicate future trends in other regions."
Growth rates of cellular data traffic will decline over the next few years in developed Asia-Pacific (DVAP). This report examines the extent of this trend and the different drivers and inhibitors of growth in DVAP, focusing individually on Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
This report provides:
- 5-year forecasts of wireless data traffic for DVAP as a whole, and for selected countries
- Worldwide context and specific country commentary for four key countries: Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan
- Analysis of the key trends in, and drivers and inhibitors of, data traffic
- A discussion of the enablers of future capacity on wireless networks and the cost of supplying that capacity
- Analysis of the trends in private and public usage, and their effect on the use of mobile and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive summary
- Worldwide trends
- Worldwide: The rate of growth for cellular data traffic will slow considerably during the forecast period
- Worldwide: Rapid 4G adoption in India and China is driving cellular data traffic growth
- Worldwide: Even in 2021 there will still be some correlation between income levels and monthly handset usage
- Worldwide: Dongle and router traffic is not set to account for a large proportion of traffic across most emerging markets
- Worldwide: Public Wi-Fi traffic's share of total out-of-home traffic is declining in developed markets
- Worldwide: There continues to be little correlation between cellular data traffic growth and operator revenue
- Worldwide: Removing unlimited throttled speed prepaid data quotas can significantly reduce traffic, but its commercial impact has been mixed
- Worldwide: Offering unlimited throttled speed video traffic need not increase video traffic and could be a significant differentiator
- Regional trends
- Developed Asia-Pacific: Markets in the DVAP region do not all share the same characteristics
- Developed Asia-Pacific: Annual growth rates per 4G smartphone are already quite low in the region
- Country-level trends
- Hong Kong: Operators are focusing on mobile data profitability and using public Wi-Fi to offload cellular traffic
- Japan: Technology upgrades and competition will drive data traffic growth during the forecast period
- South Korea: Supply-side conditions favour data traffic growth, but MNOs will struggle to monetise traffic increases
- Taiwan: Operators continue to offer unlimited data plans, due to intense market competition
- Forecast methodology and assumptions
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h67t6p/wireless_network