INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Healthiest Employers Wellness Recognition Program powered by Springbuk, a leader in health analytics, today announced the expansion of its Program to include the new, Healthiest Employers Wellness Awards. Since 2009, Healthiest Employers has conducted thousands of assessments, representing more than 60 million lives and including 72 of the Fortune 100 companies, to identify and recognize the nation’s leaders in workplace wellness. The addition of the Healthiest Employers Wellness Awards as part of the 2017 program will provide new ways to celebrate the strides that employers have made to improve the overall health of their employees and organizations by creating innovative and effective workplace wellness programs.
“We have seen the ability of employers who actively invest in wellness programs to prevent disease and improve the health of their workforce, which means better quality of life, a healthier community, and a stronger bottom line,” said Rod Reasen, co-founder and CEO of Springbuk. “With a continued increase in investment and interest in population health and employee wellbeing, we believe the addition of the Healthiest Employers Wellness Awards will encourage even greater organizational accountability and progress in building healthy workplaces.”
The 2017 Healthiest Employers Wellness Awards program includes:
Healthiest Employer Designation: For eight years, the
“Healthiest Employer” Designation has been awarded regionally in 45
cities and uses a proprietary assessment to analyze and score six key
areas of workplace wellness:
- Culture and Leadership Commitment
- Foundational Components
- Strategic Planning
- Communication and Marketing
- Programming and Interventions
- Reporting and Analytics
Organizations of all sizes and industries are encouraged to apply throughout the year on a rolling basis.
- The Healthiest 100 (H100) Ranking: The 100 Healthiest Workplaces in America (H100) is a national ranking determined by a rigorous methodology and weighted across local and national assessments that scores population health outcomes and six values: vision, culture/engagement, learning, expertise, metrics and technology. Past honorees include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Herman Miller, Inc., the city of Houston, Indiana University Health and Yum! Brands, Inc. All Healthiest Employer regional designees are automatically qualified to enter the national H100 ranking. Healthiest Employer organizations are encouraged to apply through June 15, 2017.
- The Healthiest Employers Wellness Awards: As the newest addition to the Healthiest Employers recognition program, the Healthiest Employers Wellness Awards celebrate innovation and effectiveness in corporate wellness at a national level in ten categories. Each category will highlight a range of success measures and program outcomes, including; best use of data & technology, communication strategy, accessibility and intervention, among others.
“Over the last eight years, Healthiest Employers has been the premier program for recognizing organizations’ commitment to workplace wellness. Fitbit shares these values and continues to build corporate wellness programs that prioritize increasing employee engagement, improving health outcomes and lowering healthcare,” said Amy McDonough, vice president and general manager of Fitbit Group Health. “We are honored that the Healthiest Employers leadership has chosen Fitbit Captivate Chicago as the forum to debut the latest Wellness Awards and we look forward to celebrating the winners.”
Applications will be judged by a distinguished panel of HR industry experts, academics and influencers. Any U.S. employer with a health and wellness program is encouraged to apply through June 15, 2017. H100 recipients and winners of the Healthiest Employers Wellness Awards will be honored at Fitbit Captivate in Chicago on September 19, 2017, which brings together human resources and industry leaders to share best practices and learn from each other about the latest trends and achievements in wellness.
Employers interested in applying for any of the Healthiest Employers award programs should visit www.healthiestemployers.com.
About Healthiest Employers
Healthiest Employers is an innovative recognition and awards program that honors organizations that proactively shape the health of their employees. To date, Healthiest Employer has served as a resource to over 8,000 U.S. employers that represent 60 million employees, and offers Springbuk health analytics. Learn more at www.HealthiestEmployers.com and www.Springbuk.com.
About Springbuk, Inc.
Springbuk is the leading employer-facing health intelligence platform. The analytics solution integrates major data sources–including medical, pharmacy, lab and clinic data–into a single warehouse to target engagement and improve program efficacy. Springbuk powers the national “Healthiest Employer®” Award program that measures over 8,000 employers that represent 60 million lives. For more information, visit www.Springbuk.com and www.HealthiestEmployers.com