DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "India Over the Counter Drugs Market Segmented By Product Type, Formulation and Distribution Channels - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Y-O-Y Growth Trends And Forecasts 2016-2021" report to their offering.
India Over the Counter Drugs Market was worth $6292 million in 2016 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 14.6%, to reach $12440 million by 2021.
The market is showcasing evident potential in the mentioned forecasting period. Non-Prescription drugs are drugs that are sold over the counter, which means which means that they can be sold without a doctor's prescription. They can also be referred as Over-the-Counter (OTC) drugs. There are wide number of therapeutic applications for OTC drugs ranging from weight control drugs to analgesic drugs and many more.
Increasing disposable income of the people along with a shift in the consumer attitude towards self-medication and increasing Geriatric population with new social diseases in the region are the two major factors driving the market in the region. Increasing awareness about the cost effectiveness of self-medication and OTC medicines is also a crucial factor fuelling the market growth. However, doctor's willingness to prescribe OTC and prohibition of advertising for common ailments are the major restraints hindering the growth of the market.
- Shift In Consumer Attitude Towards Self-Medication
- Rise In Geriatric Population
- Rapid Shift From Rx To Otc
- Liberalization Of Otc Drugs Sales
- Affordability Of Otc Drugs
- Drug Abuse
- Restrictions In Distribution
- Therapeutic Errors
- Restrictions Against Over The Counter Antibiotics Usage
- Companies Willing To Shift To Otc
- Widespread Use Of Media Venue Choices To Boost Awareness
- Trade-Offs For Lower Cost Generic Prescription Drugs
- Continued Openness Towards Private-Label Alternatives
- Johnson and Johnson
- Dabur India Limited
- Sun Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Bayer Healthcare AG
- Emami Limited
- Piramal Enterprises
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hds27m/india_over_the