DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "HIPAA Privacy Rule Compliance-Understanding New Rules and Responsibilities of Privacy Officer: One and a Half Day In-Person Seminar" conference to their offering.
With the recent implementation of new HIPAA regulations in the HIPAA Omnibus Update of 2013, healthcare organizations are reviewing their compliance and making sure they have the proper policies, procedures, and forms in place. HIPAA Privacy Officers have been renewing their compliance activities and reviewing their documentation to make sure they can meet the challenges of the new rules and avoid breaches and penalties for compliance violations.
This seminar will also explain audits and enforcement, and how privacy regulations relate to security and breach regulations, as well as responding to privacy and security breaches and ways to prevent them. Numerous references and sample documents will be provided.
This session is designed to provide an intensive, one and a half-day training in HIPAA Privacy Rule compliance, covering:
- What's new in the regulations
- What needs to change in your organization
- What needs to be addressed for compliance by covered entities and business associates
- What are the most important privacy issues
- What can happen when compliance is not adequate
- Understand the structure of the HIPAA Regulations and how they work together
- Learn what has changed in the rules based on the HIPAA Omnibus Update Rule
- Learn how Business Associates are now covered directly under the rules
- Discover what has to be modified to meet the new rules and how to interpret them
- Understand what are the rights individuals have about their health information
- Know what are the limitations on uses and disclosures by a healthcare entity
- Learn the updated rules on using health information for marketing and fundraising
- Find out how the rules impact the use of electronic health records
- Know how to use Risk Analysis to make compliance decisions about safeguards
- Know how to respond to breaches and violations of Privacy and Security rules
- Learn how to deal with the modern portable technologies and communication methods
- Understand how to use policies, documentation, training, and drills to prepare for audits and incidents, and achieve good compliance
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/53vwhw/hipaa_privacy