DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Next-Generation Sequencing Report, Market Forecast: 2016-2021" report to their offering.
The Global Next Generation Sequencing report is packed with over 100 pages of market and competitive data on nearly all aspects of the dynamic next generation sequencing market beginning the historical perspective, to the current market, and the forecast through 2021. The report also features a Comprehensive installed base by region, country, industry, vendor, and NGS system.
The following provide a high-level and a quick overview of the NGS market:
- The global market for next generation sequencing was $2.9 billion in 2015.
- The NGS market is expected to grow at a rate of 14.4% for the next six years and reach $6.5 billion in 2021.
- Compact NGS systems make up for over 60% of the market demand.
- Nearly 4,200 NGS systems were shipped in 2015.
- North America made up for 53% of the NGS market demand in 2015. Western Europe and Asia and Pacific Rim regions followed with 21% and 17%, respectively.
- The United States accounted for nearly half of the global demand.
- China, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada were the next three largest markets for next generation sequencing.
- The academic sector makes up for the largest demand for next generation sequencing with a 2015 market share of 29%
- Contract services is the second largest industry to use next generation sequencing.
- Illumina accounted for over 60% of the NGS market, followed by Thermo Fisher Scientific with nearly one-fifth of the market.
- Illumina and Thermo Fisher Scientific had the highest number of NGS shipments in 2015 with 2,400 and 1,700 units.
- North America has the largest number of installed next generation sequencers with nearly 10,000 units.
- Western Europe accounts for the second largest number of NGS systems with nearly 3,900 units.
- Asia and the Pacific Rim has the third largest NGS installed base with over 2,600 systems.
- Academia and contract services had a combined installed base of over 10,000 units.
- Illumina has the highest number of installed NGS units worldwide.
- Life Technologies' Ion Proton PGM makes up for the largest number of NGS installations with approximately 5,000 units.
- The overall NGS market grow at an annual rate of 34% over the past 6 years, reaching $2.9 billion in 2015 from just over 500 in 2009.
Key Topics Covered:
- NGS Segment
- Instrument Type
- Target Audience
II. Historical NGS Market Data
- Historical Data by NGS Market Segment
- Historical Data by NGS Instrument
- Historical Data by Region
- Historical Data by Industry
- NGS-Related News and Press Releases
III. NGS Installed Base
IV. The Global NGS Market
- The NGS Market by Segment
- The Overall Market by Instrument Type
- NGS Market by Region
- NGS Market by Industry
- NGS Competitive Landscape
V. NGS Landscape by Individual Countries
- Countries with NGS
- Countries without NGS
- Agilent Technologies
- Astrid Biosciences
- Azco Biotech
- BD Biosciences
- Bina Technologies
- Bioo Scientific
- Genia (part of Roche)
- GnuBio (part of BioRad)
- Horizon Discovery
- JMP Genomics (part of SAS)
- Lightspeed Genomics
- New England Biolabs
- Portable Genomics
- Real Time Genomics
- Station X
- Stratos Genomics
- Thermo Scientific
- Toma Biosciences
- Tute Genomics (part of PierianDx)
- WaferGEN Bio-systems
- ZS Genetics
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2qv89z/the_global