WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Homeland Security & Defense Business Council (Council) released its 2016 Annual Report at its recent Annual Members’ Meeting. The report provides an overview of the organization’s ongoing efforts bringing industry and government together to develop substantive forums and engagement models. This includes facilitating numerous Executive Programs for its members with leaders from U.S. Congress and the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security (DHS), Defense (DoD), and Justice.
“The uniqueness of the Council’s mission is carried out through the active participation of senior executives and subject matter experts from our member companies who support the Homeland Security Enterprise by providing technology, product, and service solutions,” said Marc Pearl, Council President & CEO. “We were so pleased with all that the Council accomplished last year, and have continued the momentum in 2017 building on our previous 12 years of success developing meaningful engagement opportunities between industry and government.”
- Visited critical homeland security and law enforcement facilities across North America on three Executive Tours that featured in-depth briefings and tours with the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers; the FBI Training Division and Critical Incident Response Group; U.S. Coast Guard; U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP); and numerous Canadian agencies;
- Utilized the expertise and thought leadership of its diverse membership at a TSA Reverse Industry Day and the DHS Reverse Industry Day II;
- Issued the second report as part of the Council’s five-year 20/20 Project on the Homeland Security Enterprise, sharing insights of over 100 government leaders and industry executives on mission-focused programs and initiatives;
- Hosted a National Conversation following the election with leadership from CBP and DoD, focusing on the issues and challenges that will drive the homeland security agenda going forward; and
- Gathered with members and government officials at its Annual Dinner that featured keynote remarks from the Secretary of Homeland Security, and also recognized the achievements of the DHS Chief Procurement Officer in promoting greater engagement between industry and government.
View the interactive Annual Report: https://homelandcouncil.org/annual-report-2016/.
About the Homeland Security & Defense Business Council:
The Homeland Security & Defense Business Council is a not-for-profit, non-partisan membership organization comprised of senior executives and their subject matter experts from the leading large, mid-tier, and small companies that provide homeland security technology, product, and service solutions to our nation and around the world. Our mission is to bring government officials and their executive-level counterparts from industry together so that we can jointly discuss the best ways to solve mission challenges. www.homelandcouncil.org.