DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Adapting to Basel III and IV : Re-engineering capital, business mix and performance management practices post-crisis" book to their offering.
Building on the topics covered in his 2013 book Adapting to Basel III and the Financial Crisis, Bogie Ozdemir takes a fresh look at post-crisis regulations and how banks and insurance companies can tackle these challenges head-on.
The financial crisis that began in 2007 led to a sea-change in the regulation of the banking and insurance sectors. The impact of the economic environment and the regulatory changes on financial institutions is unprecedented. In response to the deficiencies in financial regulation revealed by this crisis, the Basel Committee on Banking Regulation set their global regulatory standards for banks in stone in the form of the Basel III guidelines. In addition, the new standard on capital reserves for banks (so-called Basel IV') is now just around the corner.
Insurance companies, more and more regulated like banks, face Basel III, are (or will be) implementing Solvency II in one form or another, as well as IRFS II. Both banks and Insurance companies are already experiencing an increase in required capital, a decrease in available capital, increased procyclicality of capital and volatility of income in a highly fragile economic environment.
As a result of Basel III and IV, and Solvency II, all financial institutions will have to re-think their business planning and strategic management practices whilst also trying to meet their income needs. Adapting to Basel III and IV examines how the financial sector is tackling these challenges, drawing on a variety of examples from the banking and insurance industries.
Bogie Ozdemir provides a balanced combination of both hands-on experience and theoretical reasoning. The author demonstrates how best to implement these regulations on a practical level, explaining the organisational (re)alignments to ensure that the necessary changes are made.
The book equips the reader with the tools to enhance their capital management and business mix optimisation processes in order to cope with the rigors of the new regulatory landscape, with key topics including:
- The evolution of economic capital measurement and management
- Current practices and their shortcoming
- Integrated capital management
- Procyclicality management
Key Topics Covered:
1. Environmental Forces: Economic Instability, Low Interest Rates, Change in Demographics, Continuing Regulatory Changes and Digital Evolution
2. Current Practices and their Shortcomings in Risk, Capital, Business-mix and Performance Management
3. Evolution of Economic Capital Measurement and Management
4. Integrated Capital Management: ICAAP and ORSA
5. Procyclicality Management: Developing a Coherent Risk
6. Capital Optimisation and Business-mix Management
7. Performance, Profitability Management and Hurdle Rate
8. Optimal Management of the Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book
9. Prudent LGD Estimation for Mortgages
10. Developing and Implementing Effective Fintech Strategies
11. Implementing IFRS 9 by Adapting AIRB Models
12. Organisational (Re)alignment
For more information about this book visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p8fgnn/adapting_to_basel