LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Skyhigh Networks, the world’s leading cloud access security broker (CASB) provider, was named Security Product of the Year and Cloud Management Product of the Year at this year’s UK Cloud Awards, following a ceremony in London on March 15. Judged by an independent panel, the awards celebrate innovation, entrepreneurialism and technical excellence from the leading cloud suppliers, technologies and projects in the UK cloud sector.
“In order to be successful, it’s imperative to really hit the right spot with customers,” said Max Cooter, founding editor of Cloud Pro and head judge for the UK Cloud Awards. “Skyhigh has achieved that and is a worthy winner of both categories. The UK cloud industry needs companies that encourage the technology’s adoption in order to drive further innovation, and Skyhigh is setting the pace in a couple of key areas.”
To secure the wins, Skyhigh overcame an incredibly competitive shortlist. The company’s continued dedication to innovation and research, as well as its ongoing support to partners and end-users, led the judges to view it as a true influencer and enabler within the UK cloud space. Specifically:
- Security Product of the Year. Recognised for its flexibility, ease of use and feature richness, Skyhigh’s Security Intelligence Platform allows organisations to gain insight into high-risk behaviour from a single integrated platform. CloudAPI Engine allows Skyhigh to deliver consistent security, compliance, and data governance capabilities to the largest list of sanctioned cloud services available. Advanced integrated analytic capabilities and comprehensive functions ensure the platform delivers consistent security and real-time response to anomalies.
- Cloud Management Product of the Year. Recognised for its compatibility and comprehensive reporting capabilities, Skyhigh’s Security Intelligence Platform is designed specifically for security teams to chart and protect corporate data across all sanctioned cloud services, such as Salesforce, Dropbox, Box, Microsoft Office 365 and ServiceNow, by monitoring for security anomalies, compromised accounts and rogue users. Skyhigh’s industry leading cloud service management products help IT to manage its growing estate of cloud services more effectively, and ensure good IT governance and compliance.
“Risky cloud services open businesses up to the threat of a data breach, which can have a drastic impact on brand reputation,” said Charlie Howe, Vice President of EMEA, Skyhigh. “In addition, with as much as 18.1 percent of files in the cloud containing sensitive corporate data, CIOs are right to be cautious. Companies trust the cloud more than ever, but it is a huge mistake to say that data is automatically safe in a secure cloud service - the responsibility lies with the enterprise to keep employees and data safe, which is why the availability of robust and reliable cloud security solutions is so important. We are delighted that our platform has been recognised with such respected awards for the visibility, control and security that it affords customers.”
- Video: UK Cloud Award 2017 Award Winners
- Blog: “GDPR Myth: What Happens in the EU Must Stay in the EU”
- CASB Platforms Deliver the Best Features and Performance
About the UK Cloud Awards
Now in its fourth year, The UK Cloud Awards celebrates the vendors and individuals which are driving innovation, adoption and security within the UK cloud market. The awards are coordinated by two key organisations, The Cloud Industry Forum – a not-for-profit industry body that advocates the adoption of cloud services – and Cloud Pro – a leading UK-based cloud publication.
About Skyhigh Networks
Skyhigh Networks, the world’s leading Cloud Access Security Broker(CASB), enables enterprises to safely adopt SaaS, PaaS and IaaS cloud services, while meeting their security, compliance and governance requirements. With more than 600 enterprise customers globally, Skyhigh provides organisations the visibility and management for all their cloud services, including enforcement of data loss prevention policies; detecting and preventing internal and external threats; encrypting data with customer-controlled keys; and implementing access-control policies. Headquartered in Campbell, Calif., Skyhigh Networks is backed by Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Thomvest Ventures, Tenaya Capital and other strategic investors. For more information, visit https://www.skyhighnetworks.com/.