This study provides a 2017 outlook for the South African information and communication technologies (ICT) market. The research scope includes telecommunications, broadcasting, data centres, cloud, IT services, business process management (BPM) services, Big Data and analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT). Market trends that are examined include regulations/mandates, macroeconomic trends, technological developments, partnerships, acquisitions, and general trends in the country.
The study explores growth opportunities that will be created by ICT service providers and identifies potential business models. It evaluates ICT service providers' future focus on infrastructure, technologies, services, and business models, and includes a 2017 growth/market share analysis.
Analysis for 2016 and 2017 includes measurements for fixed-line, mobile, Internet/data, and broadband; 2016-2017 growth rates are provided. Insights about influential start-ups are discussed in detail.
Strategies, a competitive landscape, growth analysis, and future focus are discussed for telecommunications providers (e.g., Telkom, MTN, and Vodacom) and IT service providers (e.g., Dimension Data, IBM, and T-Systems) pertaining to 2016. The base year for the study is 2016, with 2017 as forecast period.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
- What are the top predictions and leading market trends that will drive the various sectors of the ICT market in 2017? What will be their impacts?
- What is the role of technology startups and their impact? What are the key startups and which major industries will be disrupted by them?
- What are the key growth opportunities and strategic imperatives for current and potential ICT market participants in 2017?
- What is the total ICT market size in 2016? How is the market forecasted to grow in 2017?
- What is the impact of the PESTLE (political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental) framework and trends on market growth?
- What are the potential business models and key Mega Trends that will transform the ICT market in 2017? What will be their impacts?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. ICT Industry Outlook for 2017
3. Industry Outlook by Market
4. 2017 Key Market Trends to Watch
5. Competitive Analysis
6. 2017 Potential Business Models
7. Role of Start-Ups in the ICT Industry
8. Growth Opportunities and Enterprises to Action
9. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
10. Key Conclusions
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z7l3qf/south_africa_ict