DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Digital Transformation of the Automotive Industry" report to their offering.
In 2015, automotive industry investments in key focus areas were about $19.57 billion. Growing digitalization and advancements in technology will increase the investments to $82.01 billion by 2020. The rapid pace of digitalization is transforming the component hardware-driven automotive sector to a software and solutions-focused industry, accelerated by consumers' evolving digital lifestyle expectations and demands for new and innovative services.
The future roadmap of digitalization in the automotive industry is expected to move rapidly from digital services to car-as-a-service to mobility-as-a-service, transforming the car into an element of a connected living solution by 2030. In the year 2016, digitalization underpins the transformation of business activities, process improvements, and the development of new competencies and business models across five key pillars within the automotive industry.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- What are the key pillars of automotive digitalization? What are the key recommendations to automotive OEMs? Discuss case studies and initiatives from OEMs, Tier Is, technology companies, and startups focusing on digitalization.
- What are the key markets for start-ups to venture into and what is the current revenue potential of those markets?
- Who are the key participants and what are their unique service propositions (USPs)?
- Considering automotive digitalization, how much will the automotive industry spend from technology and software perspective?
What are the opportunities for digital ecosystem participants
(aftermarket, Tier Is, technology companies and OEMs)?
- General Motors (GM)
- MaaS Global's Solutions
- Mahindra KUV
- Rockar Hyundai
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary Introduction to Digitalization in the Automotive Industry
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Methodology, and Background
3. Pillar 1Digital Retailing
4. Pillar 2Mobility as a Service
5. Pillar 3Connected and Autonomous Cars
6. Pillar 4Industry 4.0
7. Pillar 5Connected Supply Chain
8. Competitive Analysis OEM Activities in the Digitalization Space
9. Automotive Digital Transformation Growth Opportunity Analysis, Conclusions, and Recommendations
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gpkf94/digital