RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TopQuadrant™, a leading provider of agile, standards-based data governance solutions today announced the release of version 5.3 of TopBraid Suite, a collection of web-based solutions for Data Governance and Vocabulary Management. This update includes enhanced, configurable search capabilities that make it easy for business users to navigate their organization’s data governance landscape, quickly find what they are looking for and contribute their knowledge. Additional updates include a simplified user interface, powerful data lineage diagrams (LineageGrams™) as well as new integrations to allow for better collaboration with key stakeholders.
“TopQuadrant has a long history of collaborating with data professionals in our customers’ organizations,” says Irene Polikoff, CEO and co-founder of TopQuadrant. “These users, many of whom serve as CIOs at their organizations, will benefit from this latest release because it provides better support and comprehensive, flexible, and easy to use data governance solutions for today’s dynamic enterprises. These interactions, that span and link business and IT concerns, continue to provide us with a unique perspective to fully understand the overall data governance challenges faced by data stakeholders in all types of industries,” said Polikoff. “This latest release provides easier access to a wide range of data governance assets and continues to take advantage of TopQuadrant’s semantic standards-based expertise to deliver better connections between silos of data.”
Today’s release offers several key enhancements to TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) including:
- New highly interactive visualizations for connected assets, such as LineageGram™ to track data and business lineage for compliance and other requirements.
- Overall user experience design improvements, including enhanced search features that allow users to perform free text, semantic and faceted search over all their governed content. The results from the search can also be configured to display the content and style best suited to an organization’s specific needs. Once the item is found, users can share their knowledge about it, to say, for example, how and where they are using it.
- New and enhanced import capabilities make it even easier for end users to directly bring in data and metadata to be governed, without burdening IT.
In addition to TopBraid EDG, this release offers a number of key enhancements to TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary Net (EVN), including improved navigation and visualization of data and a new connection framework for content repositories. EVN continues to remain a standalone product for users interested only in managing taxonomies and ontologies and using them for content classification and search enhancement. Alternatively, users with broader governance goals that span structured and unstructured data can use the same vocabulary management capabilities of EVN as a package under EDG and combine it with other EDG packages. Other 5.3 enhancements include:
- Integration with Jira issue tracker to support end-to-end lifecycle collaboration
- Models to support General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- Support for the latest version of the upcoming SHACL W3C Standard, used to represent data models and data quality rules
- Support for using a combined LDAP realm with failover, allowing for multiple domains
More about TopBraid EDG
TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) is an agile data governance solution for today’s dynamic enterprise. Using standards-based graph technologies, TopBraid EDG supports integrated data governance across the ever-growing number and type of data assets and governance needs. With TopBraid EDG, enterprises can:
- Connect all their data assets for increased visibility and agile responsiveness to new data requirements
- Catalog all their assets and create critical mappings
- Collaborate with all data stakeholders to improve the quality and consistency of data
- Curate data and metadata to enhance access to all relevant information and use it more intelligently
To learn more about available packages and additional add-on modules, please visit TopBraid EDG Packages.
To learn more and view a comprehensive list of capabilities for TopBraid Release 5.3, please visit the TopBraid 5.3 Release Notes.
TopQuadrant helps organizations succeed in data governance. We provide agile solutions for managing information regardless of its structure, origin or location. Our products use standards-based graph technologies—because connections are important. Making information easy to connect enables unparalleled flexibility for organizing, governing and using it in today’s dynamic data environments.
TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance™ (EDG) supports the governance and provisioning of enterprise metadata, business glossaries and reference data. TopBraid Enterprise Vocabulary Net™ supports collaborative management of taxonomies and ontologies and offers auto-classification of documents and search enhancement.
TopQuadrant customers include many government agencies and Fortune 1000 companies in numerous industries including pharmaceutical, financial services, energy and digital media. For more information, visit www.topquadrant.com.