DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Consents, Clearances and Permits in Energy & Infrastructure Sector in India" report to their offering.
Regulatory and bureaucratic constraints are the biggest hurdles in the path of infrastructure development in India. Regulatory concerns and policy paralysis that has been lingering in the Indian market since long has done significant damage to India's infrastructure growth and in turn to the overall economy. On an average over 50+ regulatory clearances are required from over 20 ministries at state and central level to set up infrastructure projects in India.
The report will provide critical analysis on projects that failed due to inordinate delay in getting necessary regulatory clearances and also provide advisory to different industry on how to approach the overall process involved in acquiring different regulatory approvals. The authors detailed survey to assess the hurdles and challenges faced by India Inc and MNCs will come very handy for companies that plan to begin operationalizing their India investment strategy under the aegis of new government.
The report will also evaluate, whether the reform measures that the government promises to fast track infrastructure projects is actually achievable. Overall, the report will not only provide facts on number and types of regulatory approvals required across different state and central government ministries and agencies but will also help to follow right strategy to be adopted to manage the regulatory approval risks and challenges with ease.
Projects from POSCO, BHP Billiton, Arcelor Mittal have become case studies on how lengthy process led to their exit. As per recent FICCI estimates, infrastructure projects worth lakhs of crore are stuck due to delay in different regulatory clearances and approvals; nearly 80% of these are in power sector.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Critical Analysis on Failure of Different Administrative setup involved in awarding Regulatory Approvals in India
3. Detailed Case Studies
4. Evaluation of Inventory of Energy & Infrastructure Projects Stuck in Various Stages of Procedural and Regulatory approval
5. Lessons to be Learnt
6. Evaluating major regulatory approvals on scale of Risks & Uncertainty vs Time elapsed
7. Process Maps on Regulatory procedures and approvals required for major energy & infrastructure projects
8. Relative ranking of different states in terms of ease of getting regulatory approvals
9. PESTEL Analysis of Energy & Infrastructure sector from a perspective of regulatory regime
10. Recommendation on Industry-wise best practices to be followed to ease out the issues & challenges pertaining to initiation and acquisition of regulatory procedures and approvals
11. Legal remedies available to deal with business impact due to delay in regulatory procedures and approvals
12. Role of different government and non-government stakeholders involved in facilitating award of and awarding regulatory approvals
13. Critical Evaluation of Initiatives planned by the new Government to speed up regulatory approval process
- Arcelor Mittal
- BHP Billiton
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9v6j66/consents