DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Smart Borders, Immigration Enforcement & Border Security Markets in Europe - 2017-2022" report to their offering.
With 1.8 million asylum seekers (UN reports) crossing Western Europe's external borders in 2015, the European border security agencies are facing challenges with a far greater reach than ever before. More than 1000 ISIS-trained jihadists returning to Europe every year, coupled with the surge of migrants to Europe are alarming concerns; as present capabilities of the European border, coast guard, intelligence services and immigration agencies simply cannot meet these challenges.
The EU-Turkey deal (if implemented) might lead to a significant decrease in the flow of refugees (by March-April 2016 the rate of migrants entering Greece declined by 90%). However, the agreement faces formidable practical, political and legal challenges (e.g., each and every one of the 22 EU parliaments has to endorse the treaty).
In the aftermath of the migration crisis and the Paris and Brussels terror attacks, a major overhaul of the Western European border security and immigration infrastructure, strategy, border security technology development and funding is already underway.
Following a 2010 to 2015 annual market growth of 10-13% the 2015 to 2020 annual border security market will surge by 104%.
The "European Smart Borders, Immigration Enforcement & Border Security Markets - 2016-2022" report is the most comprehensive review of the border security market available today. It provides a detailed and reasoned roadmap of this growing security market.
Questions answered in this 289-page report reports include:
- What will the border security market size and trends be during 2016-2022?
- Which are the submarkets that provide attractive business opportunities?
- Who are the decision-makers?
- What drives the immigration enforcement & border security agencies to purchase products and services?
- What are the customers looking for?
- What are the technology & services trends?
- What is the market SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)?
- What are the challenges to market penetration & growth?
119 Homeland Security and Public Safety vendors including:
- Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia Group)
- American Science & Engineering Inc.
- Aralia Systems
- AT&T Inc.
- Bruker Corporation
- Harris Corporation
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- L-3 Security & Detection Systems
- NEC Corporation
- NICE Systems
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- QinetiQ Limited
- Rapiscan Systems, Inc.
- Rockwell Collins, Inc.
- Safran S.A.
- Salient Sciences
- Schneider Electric
- Speech Technology Center
- Suprema Inc.
- Synectics Plc
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qrkpb8/smart_borders