DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Coordinate Measuring Machine Market 2017-2021" report to their offering.
The analysts forecast the global CMM market to grow at a CAGR of 7.10% during the period 2017-2021.
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global CMM market for 2017-2021. To calculate the market size, the report considers the revenue generated from the sales of CMMs.
According to the report, the global CMM market is witnessing an increase in its applications, especially those related to the inspection of components and parts. CMMs are the most preferred option for the 3D measurement of objects in the automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding, and other industries.
Over the past 25 years, the aviation sector has undergone several setbacks such as the recession, aviation fuel price shocks, and security threats. Despite these, global air traffic has been growing at 5.5% annually. The aerospace industry is expected to have a steady demand for CMMs, especially in the commercial aircraft segment. But in the case of military, missiles, and space, it is expected to grow slightly or negatively depending on the defense budget allocation in different countries.
- 3D inspection of products using CMM
- Rise in EV sales
- Increasing use of metrology in power sector
- Threat of substitutes: Increase in demand for ODS
- Lack of skilled labor affects market
- Availability of wide variety makes choice difficult for end-users
- Increase in number of commercial aircraft
- Incorporation of new vision and image recognition technology
- Use of metrology in new-generation nuclear power plants
- Carl Zeiss
- FARO Technologies
- Hexagon Metrology
- Nikon Metrology
Other prominent vendors
- International Metrology Systems
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gqc4mq/global_coordinate