DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Plastics and Composites for the Healthcare Industry" report to their offering.
Plastics are used widely in the healthcare industry, from packaging and components to the devices. Key attributes such as better barrier properties for packaging, environmental protection, cost savings, radiation stability, fewer infections, transparency, biocompatibility, increased comfort and safety are driving the growth of plastics in this industry. Plastic resins are established as a vital component in an extensive range of medical designs, facilitating the development of next generation of implants, single-use devices, packaging technology, and many others.
The Materials and Coatings cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and their impact and applications across industries.
The Health & Wellness cluster tracks developments in a myriad of areas including genetic engineering, regenerative medicine, drug discovery and development, nanomedicine, nutrition, cosmetic procedures, pain and disease management and therapies, drug delivery, personalized medicine, and smart healthcare.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Innovations in Plastics for Enhancing Efficiency of Medical Devices and Disposables
- Polymer Resin for Injection Molding and Cast Film Medical Applications
- FDM Process for Developing Components with High Durability and Dimensional Stability
- Polymer for Use at Elevated Temperatures
- Process to Implant Magnetic Memory Chip on a Flexible Plastic Surface
- Plastic film for Use in Continuous Monitoring of Patients
- Silicon-based Sensors for Use in Implantable Monitoring Devices
- Resin with Exceptional Thermal and Chemical Stability for Healthcare Packaging
- Plastic Film with High Barrier Properties for Healthcare Packaging
2. Strategic Insights
- US Leads in Technology Advancement Followed Closely by Europe
- Analyst's Perspectives
- Key Patents
- Patents Cover a Wide Range of Applications for Plastics in Healthcare Industry
3. Industry Contacts
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vmsrp8/plastics_and